Security Installer Community

Alarm With App Which Can Disarm/arm Alarm (Replace Adt?)

Hi,

sure, so the only option i have for remote access is

1. using the Ethernet card designed with the selfmon tool

2. replace the alarm panel with a flex one (if i was to stay with honeywell products)

apologies, if it sounds like if i am asking the same questions, just want to make sure i understand. 

With regard to the firmware upgrade "flash lead, firmware binary and Honeywell flash utility." Is this something i need to call an engineer out to do? Prefer not to as I am trying to manage the alarm myself now...but doesnt look like i can get the firrmware?

cheers,

The options outlined are correct.  I've PM'd you. If you want to call me to clear anything up, then feel free.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a G2 panel, the diagnostics menu will not show the version of the devices.  The Dimension/Flex panels show the versions.  The labels are normally correct, as the standard flash programming box requires an add-on in order to upgrade the Ethernet module.

Thanks. I've learnt some things today. Ignore 99% of my earlier post - I'm used to working on the Dimensions.

Hi,

Hi Leo, the Ethernet module works with Galaxy G2 where the panel firmware is version 1.44 or above. For self monitoring the firmware is best at 1.53 or above. Enter Display-》System gives the version. Android and iPhone keypad apps are available from the relevant stores. The module comes with a 4 wire flying lead for connection to the panel. 

The firmware is at 1.42 for my system so it needs upgrading right? (GalaxyGuy - thanks for the PM, probably continue on the forum for now as this convo could be helpful for someone at somepoint).

cheers,  

Hi, if I do get the g2 upgraded. There is another panel/module I think which used for my wireless PIRs does that need upgrading too? Or is that just a wireless hardware and the main panel is where all the main software is.