Security Installer Community

Alarm With App Which Can Disarm/arm Alarm (Replace Adt?)

Hi james, I didnt really mean is it free. Rather is an independnt guy who has done it, which sounds like it is? Or is it an app by Galaxy themselves. Just concerned about security if it is an indepenent app. 

In any case i guess i would need to somehow connect it to my alarm system.

honeywell do an app but not for ur panel. your panel is pre app as it were so you need an upgrade. Im guessing your phone is less than 2 years old but the main bit of kit protecting your home is older and not worth an upgrade?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi James -  I am looking to do an upgrade to be honest but working out the best way to do it without losing too much on the initial investment on the burglar alarm.  If possible. But I do want to go for range which is popular and the app is user friendly/updated if needed - so a well known company. Reliable and very good product. Oh and obviosuly as connecting remotely needs to be secure, so using secure communication to the alarm. I also want to get to a stage where i can test the alarm myself etc - so i dont have a maintenace contract. Only have to call someone out if i find a problem. 

I am looking install IP cameras separately myself - probably be cheaper and less hassle than having them integrated in the alarm because if there is a problem i might have to call someone out

A local company said they could install Risco but would need to replace the panel and the key pads. 

If I went for honeywell would i need to change the keypads? In turn though I would have to find a installer who would do it.  

cheers, 

Edited by leo01

Would it make sense to just stick with Honeywell then? How come you would avoid Risco - out of interest as thats why my local company use? 

Just to clairfy - Siemens integrate with the Galaxy ok, so no keypad change or will there be?