Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448 Tamper Loop Question

upon returning to the house yesterday and putting in the code to deactive the alarm, the tamper loop light came on -  i cant recall if it was already on as soon as i entered the building, or if it came on after i put in the code -  but it remained on untill i set the alarm later on that night and then went off. does anyone know what this means? i thought it might be low battery as a lot of other posts seem to suggest, but if this was the case wouldnt it have remained on still? anyone any other suggestions what it could be as now im paranoid someone has been trying to get in whilst we've been out.

Could be a range of faults on that panel.

Control panel battery, control panel lid tamper, global tamper (detection devices), bell tamper, to name some.

I would recommend calling in an engineer to check through it all. Check on the NSI website for approved companies in your area, or likewise with the SSAIB website.

When you say tamper does it mean in the literal sense that something has been tampered with? How could this be if none of the other zones were showing as broken and the house was still secure? Don't think anyone could touch the bell box outside due to how high up it is. I didn't want to really call an engineer seeing as the fault has rectified itself,but still curious as to what it may have been.

When you say tamper does it mean in the literal sense that something has been tampered with?

Possibly.

I didn't want to really call an engineer seeing as the fault has rectified itself,but still curious as to what it may have been.

The fault may reoccur again. Intermittent issues are hard to diagnose and as you can see from the list of things suggested it's difficult to say for certain what it was.

If it hasn't been serviced for a while you need an engineer anyway. The battery will only last 4 years or so.

• 1 month later...