Security Installer Community

Fellow Professionals Opinion On Wireless Alarms.

Just wondered what everyone's opinions were on wireless alarms and which they think are the best in terms of price and quality.

My company always fit the visonic ranges and its only since joining these forums I realised that they are not highly regarded by the other professional installers on here(due to being one way). I'm now starting to think my company choose the visonic range because the kits are cheap and so easy to install.

I have just moved into my new property and im going to bell it up and was wondering what people could recommend both wireless and wired. My knowledge base is only what iv used at work and you guys have a much wider knowledge range and experience than myself.

I'm now starting to think my company choose the visonic range because the kits are cheap and so easy to install.

Quite likely.

I have just moved into my new property and im going to bell it up and was wondering what people could recommend both wireless and wired. My knowledge base is only what iv used at work and you guys have a much wider knowledge range and experience than myself.

I would wire it all.

If not feasible to wire all for what ever reason, get a good hybrid panel so you can mix wired and wireless.

Personally it would be Texecom Premier with there mesh wireless but other options/manufactureres are available.

Adt installing visonic big aswell?

posistioning of the rf portal is important thought , understair cupboard next to panel won't give overall good range

you do know tyco bought out visonic?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

from my early days of doing temporary security scantronic was always seen as the most stable and had best signal strength for its price range but at that point in time mesh technology had only just come out, was a bit pricey and drained battery life quickly. not sure whats the best on the markets these days but you're limited on future intergration with DIY alarms like visonic.

my personal choice would be a wired g3-44, just for intergration purposes and never having to change the damn batteries! possibly an RF portal just so i can unset the alarm from outside and have the hallway lights come on, that would be cool.

cheers guys. Galaxy's are one of the main panels we use in health centres etc and i really like them. the worse thing about my company using the same makes of panels all the time is you don't get to find out much about what else is out there.

Gonna go the hybrid route I think. Managed to fish wires through most of the walls fairly easily with only a few tiny holes.

Ah I didn't realise , all makes sense then , don't really watch who buying who anymore lol they all taking our money!

Op I don't like that setting, I always programme that entry door must open before any unsetting can taken place from an rf fob

Dont you think easy to unset by mistake unless you have a permanent set indicator?