Security Installer Community

Veritas Excel New Install - Eol Question

Mark02

No thats fine id rather you didnt buy it from us

Thanks James ...   Is that a new sales technique :hmm:

Be aware that the elite/premier 24, essentially the same, will only give you 10 zones out of the box, 8 on board and 2 off the keypad, if you require more an expander will be needed.

IMHO the upgrade you are looking at offers the best in flexibility, btw I'm not affiliated to Tex in any way, just use their kit, on numerous occasions.

That's fine, I am only using 4. Just thinking expandability in the future.

Strangely, powered up last night and unit accepted boss code but not master user. I am going to get the premier but avoid buying from where I got the excel unit. Thinking back the packaging was very poor and when I had an enquiry about some other bits they were very very slow to respond. I am wondering if they have sent me a dodgy/recon or used unit.

Edited by Mark02

hmmm

so if you have corrected defaulted the panel and it accepts 4321 and not 1234 to get in the menus then the panel eng code is locked, if it accepts both codes and 1234 prog gets into engineering panel is defaulted,  new panels are not locked as they come out of the factory. Secondly the panel doesnt come with eol enabled out of the factory.

If you have changed the codes, its not uncommon for people to get them mixed up especially because of the two ways the code is changed.  So if you get in with a code the best thing is to check if an engineer only menu is available to you say.

eng code prog 50, if you get the error tone you are in user, if it is in engineer you get taken to that menu. In engineering you can default the panel, and then the system will have default eng code and default master code.

60 is used to change the code currently in use, so if you used eng code to get into menus you will change the engineers code and not the user and vice versa,

61-68  can be used to change user 1 through to user 8 (ENG can change eng codes, Master user can change user codes only) if you create another user you must assign user level in the corrosponding user level menus 71 through to 78.

not aware of any panels with afault that locked themselves so if it has been locked its been done in error.

If you have tried factory defaulting the panel and the engineers will not reset the panel is locked/faulty.

TBH the Excel is a basic panel like I said at the start. I wouldn't fit one new it doesn't offer the functions of a the Premier.

As mentioned, if you upgrade to a PE24 poly you will need to replace the keypad as the Excel one is specially for the Excel Panel.

The PE24 Poly cab is the same as the Excel but don't bother swapping it's insides about just use the same fixings.

You will need to swap the resistors too, the Excel values are odd and even tho the Premier has selectable EOL values Excel type isn't one.

Oh and finally don't buy Texecom stuff

@ Secureiam Yes I think I have locked in error tbh. Hands up to that one I think. The bottom line is I am a diy installer, and if you could see my install it is very tidy. Not a cable in sight, zones have colour coded cable ties (blue = Z1, green = Z2, double green = keypad etc etc) so considering I have never fitted one before, I am quite happy apart from the fact it looks like I have managed to lock the pcb up and now need to rectify via spending more money. (not an issue, it's just money).

I have listened to all the advice given and without it I would never have got my head around the eol way of wiring in, which I think I have grasped now.

YES I should have purchased a different panel in the first place but at the start of this topic I had already purchased it (very cheap) so had to go with what I had.

In hind sight maybe I should have posted on here first and asked for advice before buying, stating my budget etc, but isn't hind sight a wonderful thing.

@ Sixwheeledbeast. Yes I am looking at something like in the link below and I intent on just swapping the whole cab over. I know the kit below has extras I don't need but it will give me spare pir's in case I ever need to replace or add one. It comes with the prox keypad (which I know I need to swap) and 5 fobs which thinking about it would be better for my teenage girls and will save them remembering pins.

I only have 2 door contacts and two pir's wired. The contacts are easy enough to open up and swap resistors and the pir's have the correct jump pins I can use (2k2 and 4k7) and then simply remove the resistors I have fitted for the excel unit (the jump pins are all removed at the moment obviously).

Texecom Premier Elite 24 Control Panel Poly

The kits can be cost effective if you don't mind the stuff that comes with it.

I am not keen on the Texecom sensors personally, so would buy the panel, keypad and tags separately.

Us in the trade here will buy from a wholesalers or trade counter, so maybe we are not the best to ask and your favourite search engine is your friend there.

The last picture looks like a flush keypad so maybe avoid if your not planning on chiseling a huge hole in the wall.

The kits can be cost effective if you don't mind the stuff that comes with it.

I am not keen on the Texecom sensors personally, so would buy the panel, keypad and tags separately.

Us in the trade here will buy from a wholesalers or trade counter, so maybe we are not the best to ask and your favourite search engine is your friend there.

The last picture looks like a flush keypad so maybe avoid if your not planning on chiseling a huge hole in the wall.

No it's a surface mount. I did actually work out they do either and wondered how much work would be involved fitting a flush mount. I had visions of waving at the neighbours before filling the whole with the keypad LOL

This is a better pic of the one above

2_662.jpg

OK so gathered my thoughts, listened to everyone's advice (and piss taking) :whistle:  :yes: and finally got a plan together.

So current situation is I have the excel unit on the wall and it's cream cracked. Everything else is fine.

Shopping list:

1 x Premier Elite 24 panel (same box, use same holes etc. Straight swap the whole box)

1 x Premier Elite surface mount keypad to suit above. (Nice shiny one)

2 new door contacts with the resistors already in them. I think somebody said the SC517's (which have the 2k2 and 4k7 options)

2 x Exodus OH optical/heat sensors (may as well fit them while I'm at it)   :rolleyes:

Pack of keyfobs

Back to the drawing board plan

Change the 2 door contacts over

Remove resistors from Pir's and use J3 and J4 options for 2k2 and 4k7

Wire front door contact and utility room pir into available keypad zones (less than 8ft apart and saves two wire drops from prem 24 on floor above and free's up 2 zones in box)

2 other zones (1 contact and one pir) into Z1 and Z2 within main box

2 other zones for heat/smoke detectors (24hr fire zones)

Once all the wiring is done CAREFULLY PROGRAM UP BEING CAREFUL HOW I TYPE THINGS IN  :lol:  :banghead:  :cry:

Also toying with getting a ComGSM unit.

Flat out at work so I have till end of month to read install manual a few times to make sure I don't **** anything up this time. :no:   :D  :roflmao:  :huh:  :unsure:  :yes: