Security Installer Community

Replacement Panel And Keypad For Jsb Regent

Percha

Metal as more room , plastic is easy enough if you follow the instructions and use it's cable management , you can get it all neatly behind the pcb

Both work if it save a few quid and gets you a dialler , better than bells only

yes don't forget your bell box will be going nuts outside when you disconnect the panel , providing its working well or it will flop due to no servicing perhaps so won't matter.....

Watch out for mains electricity

Dc can be lethal for burns

Not trying to scare you but all things to keep an eye out for

If tlc has courier then they few quid more expensive I think

Oh and stretch the spring in the keypad a little , otherwise nearly always tamper when you pull flap down

Thanks so the old bell box went off when I tried sorting current system out (thought I knew code and cannot get engineers manual for it to reset codes). Reading various forums most people state just get a new panel and keypad that is serviceable. What I currently have is 17yrs old but was working OK up until 5yrs ago.

I will get a new battery at least for bell box as that died when I set it off. New panel will also have new battery.

Mains yes good call, I have been bitten before by my father in laws hedge trimmer that had two prong connection with mains wired on the male side of it not the female!