Security Installer Community

New House - Which Alarm And How To Run Cabling

ibruceuk

I have hybrid, but the cables are tucked neatly under the coving and along the skirting so hardly noticeable, apart from a couple where the staples have come away from the plaster.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

That I find acceptable, Its the homes you go into and there cable running along walls and etc.

Depends how you run them, as for "horrid cables" complete nonsense

Op go wired where ever possible and wireless only if really have to

Only worry about it if you are fitting Pet Friendly sensors. Some manufacturers PF sensors are less sensitive at a lower level, but just as sensitive at a high level - head height..... locating one on the stairs will give the possiblilty of the Cat / Dog being sensed in the more sensitive area - top 1/2 of the stairs...I'd look at putting it above the KP.

Or put the pir at door frame height rather than ceiling height depends on how it looks, if you have spindles I found pets trigger pir as they go up, if no spindles and just a wall going up stairs then should be no problem

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I always prefer home alarm systems, they provide best help to improve the security of a home hugely. On the front door, pressure sensors are installed, that gets activated as soon the door opens or someone tries to get in the house. Also smart locks are installed. Totally unlike mechanical locks that are very easy to open and break these are more advanced, thus offer better safety.

Edited by PeterJames