Security Installer Community

Need Help With Choosing A Setup

snadge

erm.. my original post says 2 but possibly 3 cameras? - one for front , one for back and one for side but not 100% sure on the side one

surely you can get cameras that record to 1 box that can record to an SDcard//USB or internal HDD that can be accessed over your home network on your PC to look at recordings

@datadiffusion:

Just to check;

Don't want to be able to see who it was doing the damage / theft

Holiday a great time for a break in, but holiday more important than security

Security Installer skills perceived about those of a dish hanger*

£199 budget

Jeff, over to you mate...

*irony

bit harsh for a noob to the site..?. im just saying i can possibly self install the thing, christ if I can build PC's, setup sky, install my own kitchen I can hang a blood camera off the wall...

as for seeing who's doing it...dont get that one?

either you mean the picture quality is so **** you cant make out anything OR it can identify known robbers lol...which is it? lol

If your not going to be helpful then please dont post...

Edited by snadge

Calm down dear.

What they are all saying is, for your budget, what you want ain't gonna happen And certainly not with the kit anyone on here uses.

Doesn't matter how many ways you ask the question. Your budget won't cover a proper solution

Think about it

A camera that's say under 200 is going to have **** resolution/night vision. So you install said camera with its soft fuzzy picture, yeah it might give you a picture, but what's that going to achieve when someone's breaking into your shed and it can't give you any identification?

The only thing it'll achieve is a if only....

Buy cheap buy twice.

as cubit said.

you need to be realistic. you can buy the best gear in the world and install it. it may work but the lads here would get the most out of it. you wont cos you dont know how. not a dig just a fact.

define what you want to achieve and ' 3 cameras' isnt detail. if you do IT i have 3 users how hard can it be?

give us a chance to offer some guidance before you run off and waste your money.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

thanks guys ...to those that arent condescending

i Havent given a budget?? , its others (such as datadiffusion) who is saying £199... not me... Im asking what can we get that will do the job...??

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/sentient-500gb-8-channel-cctv-kit-with-4-bullet-cameras-n91nb

4 cams & receiver for less than £200 there...1080p so hi-res, 100fps, connects too router (TCP/IP) so assuming as well as my tablet or phone I can use PC and the supplied software to read from the internal PVR  (CCTV PVR - ROUTER - PC)

if the cams are **** then say so...  I would like someone to just recommend something that can do all of that - im not bothered about 1Tb etc as your paying extra £100 for extra storage you dont really need - a decent security cam should be able to be set to record 7/14 days only and erase the rest...i think i know within 14 days if theres been an incident

something with quite wide angle lens thats good at night as will be going between our house & neighbours house as were gunna share the bill

probably have to be a 4 way set

thanks again

bear in mind the wider the view the smaller the target and as such the evidence. even with hd. Think sky hd football, without a huge number on their back you wouldnt know who it was. You want a less wide view and a set pinch point view. You cant cover a huge are with one camera and expect indentification.

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

thanks guys ...to those that arent condescending

i Havent given a budget?? , its others (such as datadiffusion) who is saying £199... not me... Im asking what can we get that will do the job...??

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/sentient-500gb-8-channel-cctv-kit-with-4-bullet-cameras-n91nb

4 cams & receiver for less than £200 there...1080p so hi-res, 100fps, connects too router (TCP/IP) so assuming as well as my tablet or phone I can use PC and the supplied software to read from the internal PVR (CCTV PVR - ROUTER - PC)

if the cams are **** then say so... I would like someone to just recommend something that can do all of that - im not bothered about 1Tb etc as your paying extra £100 for extra storage you dont really need - a decent security cam should be able to be set to record 7/14 days only and erase the rest...i think i know within 14 days if theres been an incident

something with quite wide angle lens thats good at night as will be going between our house & neighbours house as were gunna share the bill

probably have to be a 4 way set

thanks again

As before system is very cheap quality but it's a diy kit, why don't you budget yourself £1000 which you could buy two camera a Dvr some cable connectors, etc and at least it won't be to bad a picture

Again Samsung 2080rp will come in that budget