Security Installer Community

Customer Service

16 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you value your customer

• Highly - I treat every customer as my last one
    • Bain of my life - They just cause problems
    • Okay - I know there important but there enough of them about

So this is a really good question to anybody starting up or currently in business. 

How much do you value your customers? 

I got asked this at a recent company Customer Service Training. 

Other small things our company does with customers is stuff like. 

Day before new install they get a call from somebody in call centre to say 'Welcome to XXX Security Company,  I hear X is coming out to install this job for you.  Do you have any questions or special requests you like the Engineer to show you?' 

+

After Install happens they get a call asking them how everything went and etc. Which is basically feedback. 

On the day of install the customer also gets Flowers send to them from us which I think is really nice. 

Then the customer gets Text messages when we are heading to there job on New Installs and Service Jobs

Plus we are expected to call customer by name and explain to them what I am here to do and how long I am going to be.   Plus we lay mats on area we work and blue shoes and we tidy as we go which means hoovering as were drilling and etc.

I know some of you would not be able to do it but do you guys have any Unique little Customer Service Tips which you think is good and anything you learn from the past on what NOT to do.

On the day of install the customer also gets Flowers send to them from us which I think is really nice.

So, You buy flowers for every install then ......

By the time the engineer is to go in and install the system, The client should of already been fully briefed whats going to be happening during the installation.

And how long the installation is expected to take, They dont need telling over and over and flirting text messages here and there,

Edited by PSE

So, You buy flowers for every install then ......

By the time the engineer is to go in and install the system, The client should of already been fully briefed whats going to be happening during the installation.

And how long the installation is expected to take, They dont need telling over and over and flirting text messages here and there,

I don't personally buy the flowers but they get sent from the florist. 

PSE - They also remind them of what date and timeslot we are expected to be at there property so example 'X will be with you on Monday 9th June between 3pm and 6pm but we text you with a 1 hour window'   Some our clients are older who easily forget that we are coming.

The company does the flowers and etc as it to create a word of mouth as they say 'Oh I got my alarm fitted and they gave me flowers' before you know it they have told 1 person who spread that personal recommendation on. 

We just book the customer in tbh!

BUT I find looking after the customers house by laying sheets etc to do a clean job that they find impressive.

I also state before install "I only use a Dyson Hoover to clean up" which has a bit of a laugh between us.

!