Security Installer Community

Advertising Scam

Just to let theres someone offering advertising alledgedly from the police press office.

Some  Safety/ Security publication, sounded reasonabally covincing except a few things rang alarm bells at he start and towards the back end of the message that was left for me, and after contacting the police they confirmed the scam.

The police dont do advertising.

wanted £345 half page and £599 plus vat full page, you pay they run apparently.

The police advise not to speak to them at all as they record and chop and change to make it sound like you verbally agreed to an ad.

Edited by secureiam

It's nearly 20 years since I was self employed and these were around then, proposing to be from all sorts of legitimate sources from Police fed diaries to council planning.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

this guy Steve Scott  has done the rounds before.

Just starting up and the crooks are alreadly on the attack, someone likes to keep me on my toes.

Must have got my details from my web site as he dialled the 084 number and a few days ago and thats the only place it was available.  thats a good sign in away, as he was able to find me easily enough so my potential customers could also.

The 084 number is to be dropped when we launch, the 084 was an attempt to stop just anybody ringing up, but lots of telemarketers have called and this scammer.

Planning to offically lanuch end of June.

Scammers will always be around, this guy is doing the rounds in Greater Manchester now and has done other areas in the past, find some details on line from a few years back when searching on his name.

I got really angry with the local golf club trying it on yet again this year, with the 'one of our members has recommended you' line for the 3rd year running. I cut across and said, 'Are you selling advertising', his reply, 'Oh no sir, its more about being a partner at the club'. "Tell Mr Google to stop recommending me please, bye.".

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I got really angry with the local golf club trying it on yet again this year, with the 'one of our members has recommended you' line for the 3rd year running. I cut across and said, 'Are you selling advertising', his reply, 'Oh no sir, its more about being a partner at the club'. "Tell Mr Google to stop recommending me please, bye.".

I find the "why don't you just f**k off! has the best effect.