Security Installer Community

Bt Infinity With Hh3

datadiffusion

Really, thought the A B thing was HH2s? Where there were 2 totally different guts?

Thats 2 now for DHCP-but-reserved, versus a BB forum true static.

Interesting. Well, lets see what happens when I go back. For the sake of £19, would bang in a TP-Link cable router,

except that every internet issue ever would be us on speed dial...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Yep.

No fannying around, just plug my trusty Draytek in and alls well.

Just got myself a Draytek Vigor.

I never liked the old blue ones, but I thought I'd try one after seeing them becoming more popular rack mounted in tidy server rooms.

Now I have played with it I love this new one, it's great.

Three DDNS services at the same time and a huge selection (**** you DynDNS), USB port as a NAS and/or a 3G/4G WAN, DHCPv6 setup and working over v4.

Definitely recommended kit.

Really, thought the A B thing was HH2s? Where there were 2 totally different guts?

Thats 2 now for DHCP-but-reserved, versus a BB forum true static.

Interesting. Well, lets see what happens when I go back. For the sake of £19, would bang in a TP-Link cable router,

except that every internet issue ever would be us on speed dial...

Yup had it myself, two installs next door to each other (brother and sister) both on fibre, first one flew in port forwarded first time. Second house, must have spent an hour on it.

Leave dhcp enabled on the dvr, reserve the ip it in the router

I've power cycled them a few times and it's all gravy

New hh4 has the same issue. Strange as the b type hh3 sorted it

Just got myself a Draytek Vigor.

I never liked the old blue ones, but I thought I'd try one after seeing them becoming more popular rack mounted in tidy server rooms.

Now I have played with it I love this new one, it's great.

Three DDNS services at the same time and a huge selection (**** you DynDNS), USB port as a NAS and/or a 3G/4G WAN, DHCPv6 setup and working over v4.

Definitely recommended kit.

Absolutely rock solid kit, and a breeze to setup for all the many options.

Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Yup had it myself, two installs next door to each other (brother and sister) both on fibre, first one flew in port forwarded first time. Second house, must have spent an hour on it.

Leave dhcp enabled on the dvr, reserve the ip it in the router

I've power cycled them a few times and it's all gravy

New hh4 has the same issue. Strange as the b type hh3 sorted it

Ok, I will reboot, as settings wise its all as described... Shame about hh4 as that would have

been option 2! One thing I didnt reboot was the vdsl modem, but afaiu that wouldnt make a difference...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Don't use the word cctv in the service name you create, that causes problems with the hh3. Are you remembering you need to apply twice, once to add the port, then once to confirm the service? Also a full reboot vdsl and all helps sometimes. i've had 2 that just wouldn't play the game, then suddenly started to work with no real reason.

Good old HH3 Type A i'd guess...what a crock of brown stuff

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Port-forwarding-and-Loopback-DO-work-YMMV/m-p/525363

Just one of the many threads, I have picked up a few HH3 Type B when out and about where customers have switched BB provider so always useful to carry about as it takes 2 mins to swap and sorts the issue

Draytek are fantastic but as with swapping the original BT gear to any other router if a BB issue comes up BT blame installer

HH5 is 100% , customers can ring BT and request upgrade to HH5, worth looking at equipment on inital survey and recommending its upgraded prior to install

Don't use the word cctv in the service name you create, that causes problems with the hh3. Are you remembering you need to apply twice, once to add the port, then once to confirm the service? Also a full reboot vdsl and all helps sometimes. i've had 2 that just wouldn't play the game, then suddenly started to work with no real reason.

Ah, so "CCTV DVR" a no-no then ;)

Really odd you mention that as at one point, 'BT CCTV' or something flashed up on the GUI before disappearing and I thought 'what???'