Security Installer Community

Power Line Adaptors

I'd rather pay the bit extra - well the customer will :)

I had a nightmare with Belkin so-called gigabit powerline at home, the 200s were fine though, different chipset of course. That was a few years ago and wired it properly since! Not got down to these new looking tplinks yet, got bundles of the previous style gloss white ones to get thru yet.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I had a nightmare with Belkin so-called gigabit powerline at home, the 200s were fine though, different chipset of course. That was a few years ago and wired it properly since! Not got down to these new looking tplinks yet, got bundles of the previous style gloss white ones to get thru yet.

I stay away from belkon, have done for years, think it stemed from wireless router adaptor years ago.

I ordered a couple of tp ones, see how i do.

Wolf, good point that, using them as standard :)

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Slightly different, looking to extend HDMi output from sky+ box to dinning room Tv, i notice variants using single net cable and others that are cheaper but using double cables. The maker mentioned in hear offers a WiFi option.

is it worth paying for the single cable unit, or the WiFi version, over the cheaper twin cable option which then if used adds to the clutter.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Twin cable verison is just a glorified wire adaptor, hence cheapness.

Single cable version assume has active electronics.

I'd go with double for reliability if routing cables isn't an issue.

Never tried Wifi, assume this is some sort of encoder, could be poo.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived