Security Installer Community

Pyronix Tmd15 Ugly Yes

al-yeti

Dont think it was 12k for fault, I am later this week will update you

But it makes sense if there's no option to send masking over dialled I couldn't see it, also turn ok, but I just don't see it in the options

Need some kind if a tangent now....

For mask the galaxy panels looking for a total resistance between 3 & 5k, it's def 12k for fault on the galaxy's, check ur resistor pack, ul have a bag labeled '12k Fault Resistors' ;) erm ur pretty limited on the dialer but it should send a mask as a 'security' event, so if there's nothing else prog'ed as that u can differentiate :)

Ok but what's resistor packs got to do with it??? This has jumpers so you just set it accordingly, or do you mean just to show me what the galaxy expects for masking look at the pack, where ever that has gone lol

ok can i post installation manual here?

because the manual says as normal that the resistors 1k/1k , and then 3k for mask/fault (in pyronix manual that is)

now above its says mask should be 12k , where does it say 12k for mask in the galaxy , page number?

Also please note the panel itself does detect the masking with the above setup

No not the mask, mask is 3k on the jumpers, some detectors have a fault resistor in them too, the detectors put it into the circuit if they fail their self test, that resistor is 12k on the galaxy, and shows up as a fault on the keypad hope that's a bit clearer

Ah yes , sorry I lost the plot I should not used the word fault when reporting mask, earlier comments I made confused myself, your correct mask is one issue which panel reports and fault is when self test occurs and reported as fault if you need it to, via a 12k resistor pack marked anti-masked or just a fault if you get me, but lol I get you thanks for the correction

Galaxy's need a 3k for mask, plus the normal 1k EOL and 1k Shunt, and usually a 12k for fault, and there's no option to select masking to send over the dialler only using an Ethernet card

What?

You can send the exact same events over the dialler as you can the ethernet card, external telecoms mod, ISDN, internal RS232 or external RS232.

I know that's why I sent them all back!

My gut is aching with laughter

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

What?

You can send the exact same events over the dialler as you can the ethernet card, external telecoms mod, ISDN, internal RS232 or external RS232.

must be thinking of a webway IP device, i had to set up with masking.....leave me alone i was up 5am tuesday morning ;)

Archived