Security Installer Community

Risco Agility 3

paul44

Most other industries allow suppliers to make a margin, rather than sell everything so cheap they have to kick the **** out of everything. Then complain of poor service............................you get what you pay for. I like it if the cloud fails, I suggest they upgrade to proper monitoring.

How come over the last couple of months you have been sticking up for Risco, you didnt use to?

Me?

Never had a problem with it, but then I don't major on intruder.

Its Honeywell I can't abide

Most other industries allow suppliers to make a margin, rather than sell everything so cheap they have to kick the **** out of everything. Then complain of poor service............................you get what you pay for. I like it if the cloud fails, I suggest they upgrade to proper monitoring.

You trying to tell me they dont make a margin, bollox, absolute bollox.

If their margins were so tight or non existant, they would have fooked off all this EU jump through rings bollox, told them and everyone else to go do one, beacause lets have it about right, the end user has not ended up with that much of a better system.

You know that, i know that, eberyone on here knows that, but it has cost the industry millions.

Me?

Never had a problem with it, but then I don't major on intruder.

Its Honeywell I can't abide

Yeah man, i have noticed you waving the risco flag over the last 2 months or so.

Risco quite clearly have issues, lots of them - all from experience. I never exagerate issues, just say it how it is.

I dont do honeywell at all, got a few galaxy's on service but thats it.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Yeah man, i have noticed you waving the risco flag over the last 2 months or so.

Risco quite clearly have issues, lots of them - all from experience. I never exagerate issues, just say it how it is.

I dont do honeywell at all, got a few galaxy's on service but thats it.

Not quite Adi. What I have done is question Matt, usually, when he has a pop at them even though he doesn't use the stuff.

Clearly, some seem to have problems, but by the same token, there are those that don't have a problem.

Funny how some companies are castigated for a problem whilst others seem to be allowed them.

Like I say, and as you know, I don't major on intruder, but based on the info on this forum with regards to product reliability, there is another popular brand I'd never use - not that they'll worry or lose any sleep over the fact

Q Matt with his super duper interweb cloud back up servers that cannot be offline for 1 millisecond... blah blah blah

No complete outages since we went live in 2010. Had server failures but not service effecting.

Do other trades/industry's have to put up with this *****?

I've often wondered that. Maybe I'm very lucky but the gear I buy outside alarms seems to work very reliably indeed.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Not quite Adi. What I have done is question Matt, usually, when he has a pop at them even though he doesn't use the stuff.

Clearly, some seem to have problems, but by the same token, there are those that don't have a problem.

Funny how some companies are castigated for a problem whilst others seem to be allowed them.

Like I say, and as you know, I don't major on intruder, but based on the info on this forum with regards to product reliability, there is another popular brand I'd never use - not that they'll worry or lose any sleep over the fact

Ive used risco for years, ive put up with all the issues, although not always major issues, but even the hardcore risco lads have to admit there are issues that should be resolved - or should not have been there in the first place - should beta testing not have sorted out the problems.

2nd paragraph, think they were allowed them up to certain point, but think even thehardcore tex lads have had enough, although i do agree with you, they are not getting slated like risco do.

Ive gone castle now mate, wish i had done it long ago. Tex still wins on udl, the only reason i held out so long. Castle udl is like something from the 80's.

Ive had a couple of issues with the enforcer, none with euro mini or euro 46. (been fitting the mini for a few years).

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Our experience of the Agility 3 improves each install, the problem with lost signal or lost camera is an error message, the latest batches will be adjusted, but for current product, go into the systems menu and adjust the report time, current the report time is factory set at 58 minutes, the devices has to be "seen" twice in any rolling 2 hours, adjust this to 15 minutes, ie more attempts within the 2 hour slot and problem goes away......magic!  in terms of the GSM that remains a mystery, except is was found that one of the SIM clip legs was in our case bent. Lastly short battery life in door contacts, this is due to diode damage where someone has connected the battery in the wrong way around for a few seconds, apparently the device is not polarity protected and if you look at the pcb under a magnifier one can see the damage, be more careful LOL