Security Installer Community

Theif Nicks Cctv Engineers Ladders

matthew.brough

Well said CG

I follow the 'Trusted' campaign regularly, this is an initiative ran by one of our fellow tsi'ers 'Doctor Jon'

One of the objectives of Trusted is improving CCTV installations nationally so that they are all capable of achieving their stated aims and providing evidence that will get convictions instead of poorly focused, edge of image, incorrectly sized **** that we see far too often even in professional installations.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had ladders nicked off the top of my van before. Clamps were actually locked too. Didnt hear a thing.

The lovely person left the clamps neatly against a for sale board, and took off with the ladders.

Staged or not if that video lead to an arrest via youtube as the article says it would of been a miracle.I couldn't of Identified that chap even if i knew who it was. Besides that whats the chances of someone who knows him watching videos on youtube of CCTV images of ladders being nicked?

cctv is a complete waste in most applications for identification imo.

Ive had ladders nicked off the top of my van before. Clamps were actually locked too. Didnt hear a thing.

The lovely person left the clamps neatly against a for sale board, and took off with the ladders.

In all my years in the job the only thing I ever had stolen was my triples from the roof of the car.

It was the day after boxing day about 9 years ago and I was waiting to pull out from the cafe car par, the silhouette of the car looked different in the sun, I wasn't sure why then it clicked, I put my hand out of the window and reached up and the feckers had gone. about ½hr later the Mrs rang me and said I'd left my ladder clamps hanging on the front fence....

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived