Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448

Smaaaarty

Better than you doing it, only just though....

Your external sounder needs a look/new backup too though.

Agreed, but it might be a while before he finds out what we know and his electrician and him are in time going to find out. Good news is he's saved tuppence on doing the job right and with that £75 that has been saved on protecting the property he now has the spare cash for a couple months of sky tv or a night out. Money much better spent than protecting your property for another 6 years. Just think of the moment when it will ring its head off at 3 in the morning and sammy the sparky will have his phone turned off and the ops neighbours will be offering their assistance, with a sledge hammer. All worth it to save £75.

Until 3am one morning in the future, I'm sure your electrician will sort you then as well............

I'm sure he will. At £10 fitting i'm sure he's done all the relevant testing to make sure the battery is ok and that the system is functioning. He won't have just plugged it in and done one potentially leaving the system not working. Oh wait, since he was paid peanuts maybe he is a monkey? Either way, will end one way as we all know.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Funny enough, an alarm went off here (not mine!) at 4am this morning, the full 20 minutes. Just close enough to keep me awake, just far enough I couldn't pinpoint where.

Because I too sometimes offer a 'free' callout service using unconventional silencing methods.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Funny enough, an alarm went off here (not mine!) at 4am this morning, the full 20 minutes. Just close enough to keep me awake, just far enough I couldn't pinpoint where.

Because I too sometimes offer a 'free' callout service using unconventional silencing methods.

I was talking to an eng from another co, and he has a neighbor with an adt alarm, neighbor was away and box was going off every night, he admitted to disabling the bell.

The thing i thought odd is... He hasn't told the neighbor what he's done

Across the road from me is an empty property who's smoke detectors were going off constantly all night on Wednesday night .

Wasn't a fire . I'm guessing dust from the contractors who were stripping it out during the afternoon.

A friend has a recovery garage and is contracted to green flag, a property over the road was ringing on and off all bank holiday weekend so he called me and I explained there was little he could do. I spoke to him later in the week and asked him how he got on. He couldn't contact the owner, ignoring my advice ref noise nuisance he drove his forklift over the road and silenced the bell with the forks.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

PMSL everytime we get a power cut round here (which is oddly at least once a year, always lasts about 20 seconds....) and all the £10 serviced alarms immediately start ringing!

Why are bellbox batteries so resilient!? Maybe we should make system batteries comprised of lots of bellbox batteries in a 7ah sized case?

That ADT thing sounds really dodgy though - I'd be really concerned esp. if it ever did get serviced and it got noticed... As for smoke alarms theres a couple over the

way doing exactly the same thing, until I gave them those blue Aico shower hats!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

A friend has a recovery garage and is contracted to green flag, a property over the road was ringing on and off all bank holiday weekend so he called me and I explained there was little he could do. I spoke to him later in the week and asked him how he got on. He couldn't contact the owner, ignoring my advice ref noise nuisance he drove his forklift over the road and silenced the bell with the forks.

:roflmao:

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

PMSL everytime we get a power cut round here (which is oddly at least once a year, always lasts about 20 seconds....) and all the £10 serviced alarms immediately start ringing!

Why are bellbox batteries so resilient!? Maybe we should make system batteries comprised of lots of bellbox batteries in a 7ah sized case?

That ADT thing sounds really dodgy though - I'd be really concerned esp. if it ever did get serviced and it got noticed... As for smoke alarms theres a couple over the

way doing exactly the same thing, until I gave them those blue Aico shower hats!

Same thing happens at many of the Council owned properties around Stoke.

They're serviced by a certain Gold though. - alluded to it previously.

Geoff the Sparky, good guy, does appliances too...

53601.PNG?gen=1

how DID you get my picture lol!

Update to my recent post,£15 for battery ,£10 to electrician to fit ,and reset job done.

was this a 'special' visit or was he already on site doing other works? btw, should you know, should you unfortunately suffer a loss intrusion, if your insurance company gets wind you allowed a another to tamper with your system, they may well not payout, and thats even if they do not insist on an alarm system in the first place..

but please sleep well ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived