Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448

Smaaaarty

I had a recent power cut for about 3 hours last night and my alarm battery kicked in ,the outside alarm box made some abnormal noises for a few minutes and 3 lights faintly came on the control panel .When the electric came back on I'm now unable to key in any codes on the panel (no bleeping when press buttons)on light is lit and the 2 infared sensors are still working ,any ideas on how to get it working again ? thanks.

It's about 16 years old with a new battery fitted 6 years ago that cost me over £100 to get fitted ,once bitten twice shy .

you have ti remember, that company has expenses, likely maintains an office, staff and that trained engineer is not working for free, fuel is not free, tax insurance etc. etc.

£100.00 inc battery was a very reasonable charge, have you looked on Maplin's to see how much you would pay for your replacement battery alone?

like all experienced engineers of any trade, you are often paying for what they know how to do, not just what they do. as your system as lasted 6 years, way beyond expected battery life of 3 - 5, i think you have had par excellent service and value.

btw - please don't ak me to attend - i prefer clients who live in the real world and appreciate good service

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived