Security Installer Community

Android Phone Back Door Discovered

arfur mo

Talking of that, I dropped my S3 in the bath the other night (fell asleep catching up on BBC news at silly o'clock) woke up to seee the video still playing at the bottom of the bath -_-

Took phone out and pushed power to turn it off - of course I couldn't press the on screen 'power off' selection due to water so pulled batt and left it dismantled while I finished the bath.  After I was done I plonked the phone in a bowl of rice and stuck it cozy next to the boiler.

Next morning I thought sod it - will try it (way too early should have left it for the day at least -_- #2) and when I turned it on - boom - working fine and has worked fine since ;)  Gotta love the durability all things considered.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

After I was done I plonked the phone in a bowl of rice and stuck it cozy next to the boiler.

Next morning I thought sod it - will try it (way too early should have left it for the day at least -_- #2) and when I turned it on - boom - working fine and has worked fine since ;)  Gotta love the durability all things considered.

Bowl of rice or silica for at least 72 hours at room temperature is the most successful method.

Drying it too quickly will leave more water residue on the PCB

Is it true the rice attracts small Asian people who fix it in in the night?

LOL

I like the mantra of 'it just works'

You and I have both had phones that dont work that well James, if everything was reliable as my s3 there would be no wars or crime and you would be able to walk the streets late at night without the fear of being aproached by a jehovas witness or a scientoligist

being aproached by a jehovas witness

strangely a pair of quite fit female JW's used to call at our trading estate & leave watch towers, quite a random place to call IMHO

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived