Security Installer Community

Remote Setting Of Alarm From Iphone Or Android ?

Hi folks

I am going to invite 3 NSI companies to carry out surveys on my home shortly & I am enquiring if anyone knows of any manufacturers of alarm control panels who offer remote setting/unsetting through an Iphone or Android ?

I will have a dialler fitted to the system but I would like the option of interrogating the alarm system when I am away from home.

Thank you

Joey  

Yes of course, I have already had cameras installed which I can remotely view & I wanted to do the same with the alarm. I am away 6 months of the year intermittently on business so I have cleaners, workmen & others etc going into my house so I sometimes want to check the system has been set & if its available I can check the log of who set the alarm & at what time.

All Scantronic I-On with webbrowser do, thats the 40, 50, 160.

I assume all the Menvier versions also do.

BUT it is NOT an 'app', just an alarm hosted website. I don't recommend it for anything

other than adding or deleting users (or checking logs - it IS good for that) on a local

network. It will do what you want though, but does need router port forwarding.

Though, can I ask why you are only inviting NSI and not SSAIB companies to quote?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks for the info.

My insurance broker emailed me a shortlist of alarm installers in my area and they all happened to be NSI registered. I have just googled SSAIB & didn't realise there was another governing body. 

HKC 1070 and Quantum, the 1070 being the better of the two. You can already interogate the 1070 by text and the software firmware is upgradeable so if the app isnt quite out when you make your purchase then its not a problem to retro fit it 

Thanks for the info.

My insurance broker emailed me a shortlist of alarm installers in my area and they all happened to be NSI registered. I have just googled SSAIB & didn't realise there was another governing body. 

Who was your insurance broker I need to send him my card

Archived