Security Installer Community

Is There Anyone Here Who Can Sell Me A Risco System

cestor

as a panel it is imho pro kit, Risco bringing out a bigger one soon under lightsys Monica (dropping the ProSys panel)..

you do bigger instals than me, i'd seriously suggest take a second look, perhaps give it to OXO and see how he gets on with it?

on the stand they have a new model G3 BUS detector (model name escapes me), smaller, cheaper than iWise and i personally think more aesthetically suited for residential.

Thanks Arf but I am dropping the Risco kit their reliability has become a real issue for us

As above, why do you want a prosys?

Was kidding.

Rather a HKC than that.......................

Then again still have my G3-144 in storage, might put that to use.

TBF could live with a HKC if the price was right....................

Thanks Arf but I am dropping the Risco kit their reliability has become a real issue for us

thanks Peter, only issue i have had is the G3 3amp 128 psu falsely reporting flat batteries - 2 psu's in a row now on same system :(.

3rd replacement going in this week - minor issue, as last 'faulty' psu has been in place 3 months without problems. just hoping it is not a panel/software issue.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

G3 panels setting even with tamper faults, then not showing tamper faults when unset, untold amounts of faulty expanders, the kit generally looks cheap but I suppose thats because it is cheap. We still use eurosecs if we get a domestic bungalow or something but other than that its the HKC for us

I like the eurosec range for domestics but we fit the 490 rkp instead of the wee flappy piece of rubbish.

Installed a 601 panel last week replacing some kit I've never seen on a commercial.

The Gardtec panels are a good bit of kit but I fear the lightsys will be their main weapon so will stick to scanny I on for the bigger installs as we have had hardly any problems with them.

!

What issues ? We've not had any issues .

Not using their kit anymore but what we do have in had been fine

We fitted prosys panel with some rf devices and had nothing but trouble. Im the only eng that didnt get to see it!

From what i recall there was call outs all the time for it, things like rf devices missing or tampered ect.

In the end risco sent replacement.

Same probs, just unreliable.

So risco came to site and still couldent make it work.

So m550 went in with mr node and returned sig 9's. That was about 18months ago and not one call out.

So they flogged their wireless beams to us. One site is on 3rd set now, again just unreliable.

Believed to be linked to ingress but they are external beams!

Again not my installs ive managed to dodge them but the other guys opinion is cheap and unreliable.

Hence we dont bother with them.

Archived