Security Installer Community

Is There Anyone Here Who Can Sell Me A Risco System

cestor

I want to buy a prosys 128 -based system to install at a holiday home overseas, including detectors. No training in it but it looks fairly straightforward from the installer manual. I know about 90% of what I need but not sure of the remaining 10%. Is there anyone here who can help me with the remaining 10% and sell me the system?

with all respects, as a minority but big fan of it, the Risco 128 even out of he box is not what i'd recommend for a non trade self installation, it can fox you where not expected.

anyone offering backup on a 128 and for a site unseen, could be in great difficulty to advise accurately, not to many engineers in here (who easily could) would instal them.

can i suggest 128 zones is potentially a big system, unless BUS connection is a must, best to state how any zones you think need, any special or exotic needs, and i'm sure someone will offer sound alternatives.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Only you ehh ?

You concieted old duffer.

off you go again! next Cubit will accuse me of going off thread!!

now i'm conceited how? i said many could but don't that don't imply they could not or only i could.

so stop dogging my responses with such tosh!

off you go again! next Cubit will accuse me of going off thread!!

No I won't, for the first time in recent memory, you didn't.

Doesn't change my opinion though, as your comments constantly confirm.

I have one that I could sell you, its a used one that was on our training board, we even have some of the bus detectors. Couldnt help you with the remaining 10% of the programming though we decided the panel was how can I put this .....unnecessarily complicated.

as a panel it is imho pro kit, Risco bringing out a bigger one soon under lightsys Monica (dropping the ProSys panel)..

you do bigger instals than me, i'd seriously suggest take a second look, perhaps give it to OXO and see how he gets on with it?

on the stand they have a new model G3 BUS detector (model name escapes me), smaller, cheaper than iWise and i personally think more aesthetically suited for residential.

Archived