Security Installer Community

The Ups And Downs And Ins And Out Of Spread Spectrum

The link seems pretty relevant and I can't see flocks of members leaving tsi to go and read a one way blog instead if that is the worry?

Enjoyed reading it - thanks CG.  I am looking forward to the one on encryption.

Me too. From an installer point of few rarely do we get to see any detailed insight into the inner workings of the products we purchase.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Is the point not the case of the, using a more popular internet forum to drive traffic to a unknown site without actually contributing to the content of the bigger site. Kinda slaps the face of the owner and contributors to the bigger site.

Using TSI's blogs would help both in my opinion, more content for TSI and also for the OP getting a bigger audience for his work, more people are likely to look at an onsite link rather than an offsite one.

Me too. From an installer point of few rarely do we get to see any detailed insight into the inner workings of the products we purchase.

Thanks Joe and Matt. I hope the level of these articles is right - I'd like anyone with a basic understanding to see some of the more complex aspects of these terms. 

I learnt a lot looking at different systems, certainly more than I could have done building my own. The way other people's work fails is often more interesting than how it works!

Is the point not the case of the, using a more popular internet forum to drive traffic to a unknown site without actually contributing to the content of the bigger site. Kinda slaps the face of the owner and contributors to the bigger site.

Using tsi's blogs would help both in my opinion, more content for tsi and also for the OP getting a bigger audience for his work, more people are likely to look at an onsite link rather than an offsite one.

It's kind of how the internet works though. If you had to rehost everything on each site you wanted someone to view it on, it wouldn't work.

Need to be careful what's in the tsi blog, not to be deemed as detrimental nor promoted by tsi.

I suspect that some of the content could put TSI in hot water with Yale, Friedland and Cooper.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

I think the majority of normal installers (which isn't really representative of tsi active membership on the trade side) don't know the problem and don't want to know either. Most manufacturers would also probably wish you spent your Saturday nights watching TV than pointing out their sloppy workmanship however there is (probably a small) audience who want to know and I look forward to reading more of your work.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I guess it is complicated slightly by virtue of CG not being trade.  With less content to participate in which makes the few threads with links become more prominent.

CG is a one percenter - he will produce content which is to be applauded.  Morph has a fair comment about there being a means to post blogs here on TSI but then when you already have a site up and running it kind of makes sense to continue there.

Besides, it isn't how the internet works as CG mentioned.  For all kinds of reasons.

A lot of the blog entries I put on TSI generated more useful debate when being discussed on the forum, it would be nice to see the same for the subjects that CG is covering as they are relevant and complimentary.

Please note that I will might post some blog entries on other sites soon myself to see how it goes so I would hope we can still continue debate here where relevant if I do as I wouldn't like to be 'held to ransom' about not discussing content from any other websites. 

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

James - if you are comfortable with me posting the same things as a blog or post, I will do it. I'm not bothered about traffic - the alarm stuff gets very little compared to the Arduino and other stuff anyway.

Does what I've said match up with what people expect of FHSS? Do people find FHSS does what it says on the tin (interference rejection and better range, mostly)?

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

I would rather you copied the blogs over to here just a copy and paste would be fine. Use the blog section.

also in time regular members with reasonable post counts again i don't have an issue.

i do find what you say interesting though.

james

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived