Security Installer Community

The Ups And Downs And Ins And Out Of Spread Spectrum

James - if you are comfortable with me posting the same things as a blog or post, I will do it. I'm not bothered about traffic - the alarm stuff gets very little compared to the Arduino and other stuff anyway.

Does what I've said match up with what people expect of FHSS? Do people find FHSS does what it says on the tin (interference rejection and better range, mostly)?

Just remember, most here are installers. Most wouldn't know what fhss is as an installers job is to fit, not to manufacture. It might be helpful if you could do a mini blog that explains some of the basics of how a basic panel actually works such as the components and what each but actually does.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Joe. The worry is checking the content that's all, bwf at the very least. its not a protection thing. Also i like to be consistent with newbies. It would be harder for the mods if we allowed it under xyz circumstances.

in sure we can find a workable way. I can block links in the settings but most of the time its not an issue.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Just remember, most here are installers. Most wouldn't know what fhss is as an installers job is to fit, not to manufacture. It might be helpful if you could do a mini blog that explains some of the basics of how a basic panel actually works such as the components and what each but actually does.

What is the percentage here now actually?

I can recall being the only "Employee" at one stage. Being management did not seem to count. Now back to "employee" in a chosen place and by agreement. ( Never felt less stressed :D).

Anyway, perhaps a poll is a coming.

There are many reasons, but most of the comments saying x is .... Is because of reliability issues. Your only testing 1 aspect. Granted a significant one but still 1 none the less. Id like to see your findings even in the form of a review.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

What criteria to people use for picking one alarm over another then? I see a lot of people calling brand X ****, but then from my perspective it is secure.

Depends who's buying

If the one making those decisions is a bean counter $

If the one making the decision is an engineer usually familiarity and ease of use

Functionality, quality, cost, capability (Not quite the same as func.), availability, support, the list goes on.

Some firms are contractually tied into using certain panels.  As an independent installer we can use any we like as appropriate to the job in hand and do change from time to time if the technology offered by our current incumbent does not match up to the competition or if we discover any issues which are not resolved as we see fit.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

No but its assumed. I wouldn't knowingly use anything that was shi. In any respect

Knowingly.

As you say we trust the manufacturer to do a thorough job but as an installer, not manufacturer we wouldn't know. My tv has a thing on the back claiming compliance with all sorts but as a punter how would I know if it really did?

Archived