Security Installer Community

Over And Above Requests

Just reconfigured a Webway for an end user who is having their network upgraded today and for some unknown reason is changing their IP range from a 192.168 network to a 10.0 one. For some other daft reason they are having is on a 255.255.0.0 subnet which I don't get as its a single site setup with about 40 devices internal network. Anyway that aside we had no warning they were doing this and just called in expecting the changes doing straight away. We only have a limited number of people who know how to do what they want but I was only watching repeats on watch so not too much of a hassle. It got me thinking though. To me 24 hours support is emergency support, but we get asked for a few things out of hour that aren't emergencies. What daft things do you guys get asked for when on call that should really be office hours stuff?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Your alarm co. has nobody told you people are going to ring you night & day just for the hell of it ?

I don't mind them calling when they have been robbed or if the have a serious problem but our customers seem to confuse our phone number with that of the Samaritains?

confuse our phone number with that of the Samaritains?

I've had a few where I feel like self harming after the call has finshed,

Getting on very dodgy ground but if I was able to edit the personal details out of the call I may place some on youtube

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Me too! There's been plenty of calls where I feel the same and death seems an attractive option than talking to some of the muppets again. No harm sharing the calls if the personal bits are edited out?

Just had one of those very calls. Silly me on occasions have called end users so rather than phone number they should, they ring my mobile expecting a quicker/more competent/friendly response. Well ok, 1st two. Client reports keypad is dead. I asks what it says in the keypad. Client responds 4i Security code #. Far from dead then. Client swipes fob and reports LEDs have now come on. A second exhibit that makes me think all is well. Going for gold I ask to swipe the fob 3 times and asks what it says. There is an outstanding alert that needs 2 to be pressed to acknowledge it. In a calm voice I says to the customer remember this stage that we went through on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday last week? Press 2 to acknowledge and then she reports its going off. I inform her not to worry, that's called the entry exit buzzer and she can safely leave. They manage to set it off every morning although not sure how as the entry time is 45 seconds and the keypad is adjacent the front door. Is intelligence really so scarce? It's only an alarm system.

They manage to set it off every morning although not sure how as the entry time is 45 seconds and the keypad is adjacent the front door. Is intelligence really so scarce? It's only an alarm system.

wouldnt it be easier to send an engineer round and see why they set it off every morning

wouldnt it be easier to send an engineer round and see why they set it off every morning

I'd be doing the same, and retraining.

That'll teach you for using the ATS. Lol

There's a few customer who ring me direct as above have called customer from mobile, it's usually during working hours but have had a few at stupid ocock asking for an extra fob or if the entry exit timer can be extended.

Once had a customer who phoned at 3 am because she couldn't remember if she had set her alarm or not and wondered if knew.

Archived