Security Installer Community

Over And Above Requests

I'd be doing the same, and retraining.

That'll teach you for using the ATS. Lol

There's a few customer who ring me direct as above have called customer from mobile, it's usually during working hours but have had a few at stupid ocock asking for an extra fob or if the entry exit timer can be extended.

Once had a customer who phoned at 3 am because she couldn't remember if she had set her alarm or not and wondered if knew.

This press 2 to acknowledge came in the BS8243 complaint software. I can't tell you how tempted I've been to flash them all to the previous version that didn't have it. We get tons of calls that stem from unacknowledged alerts.

doesnt matter...customer serivce...a way of life..

We'll see if the £150 per phone call invoice suppresses the desire to dial.

could subby the call out...

We did, to a member of tsi who I have every faith in his demonstration and engineering skills.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Asking for a quote to be done on a Sunday has to be one of the worst.

How do I change the time at 1am GMT/BST is a killer, thank fook some panels now auto change.

My fave is answering the call and being told "YOUR ALARMS RINGING AND PLAYING UP"  from a old regular, told him to hold and came back 3 mins later and said mine is fine.

He stopped shouting then and asked if I knew what was wrong with his :D

One sad ( no really this is sad) item is a really rich clients wife ringing to say she has forgotten her code and lost her tag (again), early onset of Alzheimers. She was a great laugh and still a looker. Always friendly on RM`s and making coffees (Big hosue). Such a shame. Not sure what they do with her now ( Old Company) but I always had a quick chat and told her to look as I knew her habits well enough to have a reasonable guess.

Do you not think this acknowledging alerts thing is just bollox?

Can be but It depends what itis tho. Sometimes it makes the customer call and you get a chargeable call for it, IMO they should never accidentally set it off anyway .

Did a takeover a few years back, all tested no problems on PMV few months customer had some building work done. And started having false alarms only to call in out of hours and say "Your alarm is **** "

Well firstly it's not ours it belongs to you, I'm sure some customers think they are renting the system.

Would be nice to have a install price paid every month under contract .

Can be but It depends what itis tho. Sometimes it makes the customer call and you get a chargeable call for it, IMO they should never accidentally set it off anyway .

The only issue with chargeables is usually the argument that follows as to why they should pay. In fairness there are only 3 customers of ours that should be banned from owning alarms. Most behave very well.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived