Security Installer Community

Variable Speed Limit Signs Not Legal

Makes me wonder about the M25 variable speed limits now.

Although not got any speeding nor pending.

A Fire Brigade driver once told me after midnight they stopped the cams anyway ( M25).

He proved it one night. When on the back of his ZX9, to say he was going a bit fast is an understatement.

No tickets arrived and there were several sets of cams between Uxbridge and Godstone.

I was on the M25 yesterday I reckon those variable speed limits make the traffic jams worse, I mean surely when theres more cars on the road its better they all go faster to get rid of the congestion not slower. Maybe they should try minimum speed limits  

I was on the M25 yesterday I reckon those variable speed limits make the traffic jams worse, I mean surely when theres more cars on the road its better they all go faster to get rid of the congestion not slower. Maybe they should try minimum speed limits  

It's speed that causes the congestion. Tools tanking along then hitting the brakes, pulling in sharpish when they're about to miss the junction, lane hoppers etc.

A steady controlled speed works best.

A large stretch of the M62 is going to be run under the same scheme. Currently Specs camera's for about 20 miles. Thing as never run so smooth in years.

A high percentage of so called jams are only ghost ones anyway, as Cubit says caused by idiots who cannot maintain a constant speed.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived