Security Installer Community

you say that to all the boys tho..except ats

Lol. Not everyone can afford the Rolls Royce products.

There are other manufacturers that produce kit far superior to Pyronix. Panels HKC, Texecom and dare I say it Honeywell to name a few. Optex do some nice detectors and Honeywells and Texecoms are again in a league different to Pyronix. The only thing Pyronix have going form them is they are cheap.

Matthew,

this was from a general search here that resulted to several threads. Serach for Pyronix, Castle or Enforcer and you will find them.

We have installed a few PCX and Matrix systems ourselves and we have had no problems so far but to be honest personally I have no epxerience with other brands so I cannot compare. The Enforcer wireless has also good reccomendations here.

When you've seen some decent panels you'll see why they are low down the list.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

IMO. Pyronix have traditionally sold kak to the bottom end of the market. More recently they manufactured the KX range of detectors which looked and had some nice design features. Problem was they didnt work, very good for zero FA but not very good for intruder detection. Having been caught, Pyronix went on a nation wide swop out and improved the design to a better!

Lucky pyronix manged to secure the panel from a forward thinking company called Castle Care Tech. This seems to have catapulted the esteem of the pyronix brand and by developing of the Enforcer this has rocketed the brand. Now you said UK brands. Not UK manufacturer, a mistake I made, waiting 2-months for the boat to arrive with goods to be "assembled" in the UK

Customers!

We fitted some I'd the pyronix detectors , now using Honeywell Dualtechs instead.

Fitted a couple of enforcers for pervious companys and one I'm my fathers house. Had nothing but problems with it for the past 2 years.

Keep meaning to swap it out for a g2 wireless.

So jb-eye, do you think the current wired panels (Matrix and PCX) and the KX detectors are a good choice? Compared to other brands?

They could be but their going nowhere. Matrix and PCX Re same as Castle only in old style pyronix cheap looking plastics. SECOM favour this format over Castle. You can't change the thinking of pile them high sell em cheap when it works. Issues can only be addressed if they effect sales. The kit has lots of issues and Pyronix don't see any point in addressing them because their customers haven't noticed. Everything is WIP or not a priority. Only a very successful company could tell its small insignificant customers to put up or buy from another manufacturer. The addmition that "were playing catchup to Premier tells a tale.

Customers!

• 2 months later...

I thought I would jump in on this one. I started my engineering on Castle - Omega 5's, 1500, 1600, 1700, 2300, 2500 and 2700 - good, but quirky panels. When I took over my company, it was all Cooper Scantronics and Menviers. I carried on with these, but then they went to pot, with terrible quality and ridiculous numbers of "out of box" failures. I then did a take over of a Banham job - and thought that the panel was great, so we went back to Castle. I am a small, local company, but we fit, on average 5 - 8 panels a week, 50-60 KX detectors and approx 12 - 15 Deltabell X. We have a miniscule level of faults, compared to the amount of kit we install. Support and back up is excellent, any faults or software quirks are sorted quickly (what other manufacturer calls you to ask if you have had a particular problem and how to solve it? - none in my experience, they all seem to suck their teeth and say "never had that before"), the panel can do pretty much anything and the wireless is brilliant. We dont use the Mini, smallest panel is EURO46SM. Everything, including Bells Only G2X are UDL to InSite. I dont like Texecom's software as, in my mind, it doesnt flow correctly. A large quantity of my older Texecom Oddy's failed after a few years, so we went Nova 6, but then they put the stupid LED strobe, behind the lid, not the actual strobe cover, so we went Deltabell Plus, then Deltabell X with Light panel when it was launched - customers love it. The old KX problem (which was years ago and resolved years ago) was due to a component supplier not following the spec Pyronix gave - supplier was successfully sued.

Everyone has their "favourite" - In my opinion, Galaxy - too difficult for the customer to reset after an activation or to part / perimeter set in a house / had lots of panel / Power RIO tamper problems, Cooper - poor quality, ADE - hahahaha, Texecom - ugly keypad (although surface chrome kp good idea), strange software, panels bigger than my truck, etc etc.  

I only need 2 panels - EURO46 and EURO ONE - they will do whatever I want them to do, however many zones, without worrying, upgrading etc.

I dont work for Castle / Pyronix, but I do think that they have a great product range to support my business.

That was my first post - ever. Apologies for the War and Peace - I will get the hang of it one day !!

It was. We used to fit menvier by the truck load till m series. As said above, glitchy software, loads of panels not booting fresh out of the box. we had to take two to each job at one time!

Only cooper panel we fit is 9651 for small domestics. Anything else galaxy, or maybe a prem if it has any existing iD on site.

It was. We used to fit menvier by the truck load till m series. As said above, glitchy software, loads of panels not booting fresh out of the box. we had to take two to each job at one time!

Only cooper panel we fit is 9651 for small domestics. Anything else galaxy, or maybe a prem if it has any existing iD on site.

We havent had to pull a panel or replacement in 7 years. Dont get any issues with the m.

Ts are fading away now slowly, and the new range is sh1t for sure.

Archived