Security Installer Community

I am a small, local company, but we fit, on average 5 - 8 panels a week, 50-60 KX detectors and approx 12 - 15 Deltabell X. We have a miniscule level of faults, compared to the amount of kit we install. Support and back up is excellent, any faults or software quirks are sorted quickly (what other manufacturer calls you to ask if you have had a particular problem and how to solve it?

I only need 2 panels - EURO46 and EURO ONE - they will do whatever I want them to do, however many zones, without worrying, upgrading etc.

I accept that if you require a fit and forget kit its fine for the mass instal like bells only. try disecting the reason for a fail to perform after a break in. Not the type of thing you check in detail on a resi bells only, as long as the alarm was activated why would a customer check the logs to realise the KX had gone to sleep thanks goodness for the back door contact. Your lucky if you only need Tech support. i cant think of any occassion when they could answer my questions ours seem to be reffered to someone higher who also cant answer them.

fitted any of the new Powered exspanders without any problems? when you do you can exspect issues.

bit like the introduction of the new zem and the front glass falls out, they were aware but they still let you buy them.

i could go on. having presented a A4 sheet to the design team who were aware of mot issues and the best diffence was "it will be fixed on the next release" oh BTW they werent. I agree they have some very good people who absoloutly know whats being shipped.  

Im a user so i know the pottential and just because i dont like the company dosent mean everythink is total KAK

Customers!

everyone has issues. As long as you believe those issues will be worked and resolved and the next evolution will be better than the current then you can work with most issues. As has been said before its how the issues are looked at, discussed and resolved. If not then id be concerned.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

everyone has issues. As long as you believe those issues will be worked and resolved and the next evolution will be better than the current then you can work with most issues. As has been said before its how the issues are looked at, discussed and resolved. If not then id be concerned.

Absoloutly. My issues are being swept under the carpet.

Customers!

lol mr h.

jef, it seems from what you say that your panel provider would prefer you to use something else rather than loo into the issues you have?

good typo...

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

My panel provider knows they have been caught out. The issues they need to resolve are as ever with the bits most wont see. It sets unsets and rings a bell, what more do you want?

And JW you are aware they have advised me to find another product. Which i would but then i end up joing every other box shifter with a zillion diffrent bits of kit under contract that they dont fully understand. 

Perhaps this is why your average alarm fitter isnt capable of commissioning an alarm system. and god forbid you let them loose on anything more complicated that actualy required calibration.

Customers!

Archived