Security Installer Community

Snow Info For Employees And Employers

james.wilson

Nice vid for one snow sock in sunshine......................................are you serious?

Now for the cracker.......................how much time should you allow to get to work?

40 mins?

4 hours?

8 hours?

And then do 8 hours,

Get home another 7 hours after you finish?

By then your up again going to work.........................

I think some here have done 36/48 hours non stop on call out and work, you do when younger .  I see the point of your not paid to get to work............I used to go from Leeds to London everyday and was never late (once I got another Motorbike). But where do YOU draw the line James?

Been there done that in good weather, "Go to Wales and fit the Redcare"  get there its not even installed yet. OKAY divert to Manchester do something there and go to Portsmouth next day.

Back to Wales and then down to Bournemouth, a few examples.....................I was paid to drive more than do any bloody work!!!

I think less than a handful here have done this, unless being subbies for a national.

id be suprised any employer would allow those hours these days oxo..if so their bigging themselves up for a fall..

but thats a gaffers responce james,im in so everyone else should be,most customers would understand if you cant get there because of snow,if not a refund could be in order for those that say that responce has not been met..

but thats a gaffers responce james,im in so everyone else should be,most customers would understand if you cant get there because of snow,if not a refund could be in order for those that say that responce has not been met..

SO i refund the customer but pay for all the staff that arnt in?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

id be suprised any employer would allow those hours these days oxo..if so their bigging themselves up for a fall..

To the first, you "opt out" when on call. And it is legal.

To the second.

Exactly, a gaffer who gives no sway.

Soz James, but that is how you come across there.

I was out today & the roads where very quite for the 30ml round trip involved for the CMV. As always theres snow down your street & at the job but F'all between, I have had a shovel on board since it started but that in case I skid & knock someone over !

I have unused snow chains which came with a van, I suspect they'll never, ever be used unless I go somewhere very rural (& take them out the stores!)

The snow means less productive not unproductive, my view is if you let the cleints down eventually they will vote with thier feet

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I do give 'sway' and i agree in a 2 way street.

Just the lanes keep moving and while it was 10 lanes in each direction before its getting narrower on my side. 

Ultimatly we will need less staff anyway, ARM, wireless other enhancements so i suppose its not really an issue...

would want to be if they hadnt been in all week cos of 1 day lol

For clarity this is what we did this was emailed to all staff (engineers have push email on their work phones)

The weather forecasters  have issued a warning for Friday, if you are unable to get in,  you could take the day as part of your holiday if you wish or as unpaid leave.

Please do not endanger yourselves, but make reasonable and safe efforts to get in.

Obviously we do not know what the conditions will be tomorrow, but if you advise the office what you are doing, then we can advise customers.

Take care

oh and everyone got in. I sent them home at about 1 (it was my call as i could see it being an issue so everyone got paid)

Send all the office home too and 2 of us manned the phones remotely. (me and mum)

What day was it sent?

As you have posted about the legality of being forced to take a days holiday in lieu?

Seems a fair "mail" but also a tad unfair unless the days sent are incorrect with policy.

(Trying to bite tounge here , but have to answer as honest as I can.)

Archived