Security Installer Community

Opinions

Paul. Giles

why would that be a problem?

Not for us. With the intruder / access we do it via UDL but for most of our subbies I'd not have an issue in trusting them to do it themselves if we hadn't got UDL. A few of our subbies work for us most of the time, the only reason they won't come on the books is they don't want the call rota. Most have done the job for years and i would trust 80% of them to fit an alarm in my house without fear.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Not aimed at disrespecting subbies, I subbed for years but I just think that the person who fitted the system should not be the one commissioning and handing over. I know it's common place but I don't think it is the best idea.

In answer to the topic, I would probably put it down as a strike against the subby, explain that it was an inconvenience and if it happens again you would look to recover cost. Wrong to dock imo and would only sow bad feelings, we all make mistakes.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Not aimed at disrespecting subbies, I subbed for years but I just think that the person who fitted the system should not be the one commissioning and handing over. I know it's common place but I don't think it is the best idea.

i hear you but why? 

Yup, just my opinion checking your own work is not as efficient as having it checked, otherwise nobody would bother with inspectorates if they weren't interested in self improvement.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived