Security Installer Community

wilks121

Tips.

Your senior engineer ( As I always am), give to cable monkey(S) sorry apprentices.

If working with experienced eng we share.

Your a tight cnut James, a tip is for the whole job not the programmer/end user trainer. The "boys" are on a basic ***** wage, remember that? Or were you the lucky one, knowing your history ( no malice before you delete me/ ring me / cry :P

But for the END job, if it has been first fixed then sod them, they always leave a mess and you get the earache, I mean the 2nd fix lads.

Worked with ( when a Locksmith) a tightwad, when payment he would get you to go to the van.

Took the tip, gave you nothing,

Soon sussed him out.

Funny how his tips fell off after a while, when the customer saw the "Apprentice" doing all the hard work and asking for the hoover and cleaning equip.

You give the tips to the lads, so it encourages them to see a job well done gets noticed.

But not to train them to expect them.

We all know the bigger the job the smaller the tip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This happened when i work at ADT.

The managers told service engineers that anything they got from a customer had to be returned to the office and put in a raffle for ALL the staff.

So my mate Terry went in the office and put down a plastic bag onto the desk.

"This is for the raffle as i got it from a customer", and left it.

"what is it?" the office staff asked.

" Its horse sh*t, customer give it me for my garden".

Nowt else was handed in.

I'm the most tipped at work I'm also the most complained about. Share the latter

I can't post how much we will pay in bonus this year as staff now have access to this site. What I will say and I don't care if this is read. Bonus is a gift not a right. I'm a little bit miffed this year because I have been asked indirectly how much people will receive.

I was that miffed that I will be sending a very clear message out that IF bonuses are discussed between staff this year it will be the time certain people will ever see one from me.

Customers!

"This happened when i work at ADT."

I have been wondering if all people on here (This site) allow their staff or even TELL them about it to contribute.

I have a bigger wondering if the staff are afraid to post on here.

I have and always have wondered about "dictatorships" .

I think something has been proven in the above discussion.

Someone thinking they are a "God" with their employees. And making threats, to someone not even known to frequent the forum.

Just an observation.

I'm the most tipped at work I'm also the most complained about. Share the latter

I can't post how much we will pay in bonus this year as staff now have access to this site. What I will say and I don't care if this is read. Bonus is a gift not a right. I'm a little bit miffed this year because I have been asked indirectly how much people will receive.

I was that miffed that I will be sending a very clear message out that IF bonuses are discussed between staff this year it will be the time certain people will ever see one from me.

I rarely get tips, i might wonder why lol

Id agree a bonus is a gift for performance over and above. We pay bonus for attendance, (ie sick), time keeping, vehicle. This is all year.

We dont usually pay an xmas bonus but do put on a works do for all staff +1 totally paid by work (although after this years >£1700 thare may be a limit of £100 per head)

Id be concerned if a bonus was expected every year myself regardless of how earned

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived