Security Installer Community

Standards For Dummies

ijoey

I think our new friend is also under that old impression that a URN system will get an immediate Police response. It is even stated in the Police document that it means they will make available resources as soon as practical.

In saying that I have seen 2 minute arrivals.

LEVEL 1 Alarm Systems will receive Police response based on the assumption that an offence is taking place, but against the background of competing urgent calls and available Police resources.

My point was, and is, 3rd party inspection, based on all the evidence we see, proves nothing with regards to quality of install. This is NOT the same as saying it should show a level of quality.

Remember, NSI will give a badge for the various disciplines even though you may have never done anything. Eg. CCTV. In that respect, the badge scheme could be viewed as a sham.

interesting. not to sound condescending, Cubit but can I ask what your role/experience is in the security industry? I wish to put your answer as a counter arguement into my project research.

It did, there was three levels.

Now it's URN (Level 1) or Withdrawn (Level 3).

You can have two URN's one for PA (Panic) and Intruder (Confirmed).

PA's are designed to go through the systems quicker.

how does the alarm detect whether it is a PA or Intruder attack?

I think our new friend is also under that old impression that a URN system will get an immediate Police response. It is even stated in the Police document that it means they will make available resources as soon as practical.

In saying that I have seen 2 minute arrivals.

so are you implying that there are often cases when it can take a long time to get police response? is there a study on the average response times? i think the general public can feel agrieved when paying a premium for a service that doesn't deliver.

did a quick google search on URN. does that mean you will get much faster police response times?

i'm sure there are positives and negatives to third party cert.

being certified should mean the alarm is up to a certain standard but guessing from Cubit's reply, thats not always the case?

URN Unique Reference Number Unless the system is installed by an approved company the Police will not respond at all.

Here on this forum we come across systems installed by an approved company that are non compliant, it is a problem some would say that a company is only as good as its worst engineer, I would say that a company is only as good as the man checking the engineers 

It signals what event is taking place. 

so are you implying that there are often cases when it can take a long time to get police response? is there a study on the average response times? i think the general public can feel agrieved when paying a premium for a service that doesn't deliver.

The police do not charge extra for attending an alarm event. However the charge to process the application in the first place. They do not guarantee a response time, just like they dont from a 999 call. But they do state they will attend if manpower and current call load allows. ie they will priortise calls and an alarm call may be lower than something else. The premium fee is for the maintanance and monitoring charges. These are required to maintain an alarm that can call the police. But all we can do is pass the call to them in a guaranteed time frame. Once we have passed it to the police it is outside of our control

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Signals to the ARC are send over different channels.

The ARC can tell the difference between anything that is setup.

Fire, Panic, Intruder, Armed, System Faults, Mains Fault, Tamper... etc etc.

With EF (Extended Formats) you can even know which sensor and it's location.

A differnt signal is recieved at the alarm receiving centre

Police response times are not to confused with Police response, not every alarm can get Police response it has to be installed by an approved co. Police response can also be lost, by haveing too many false activations. Police response times can be anything from a few minutes onwards we had a 7 minute response to a real burglary a while ago, on average Police attend within 20 minutes down this way.

once again the answers have been greatly appreciated.

am i right in saying a police response alarm when triggered, will send a signal to an ARC who will then determine whether it is a genuine or false alert. If genuine, the police respond at the household when they can depending on the alert level.

Oxo, i'll be sure to add you into the acknowledgements. haha

once again the answers have been greatly appreciated.

am i right in saying a police response alarm when triggered, will send a signal to an ARC who will then determine whether it is a genuine or false alert. If genuine, the police respond at the household when they can depending on the alert level.

Oxo, i'll be sure to add you into the acknowledgements. haha

In a very simplistic form but yes

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived