Security Installer Community

Acpo Approved Inspectorates.

Guest Guest

Guest Peter James

If NSI or SSIAB had the same presidence as CORGI does to gas we wouldnt be in the shape we,re in now.

21159[/snapback]

Peter, I shudder to think what would happen.... :no::no::no:

We all want our industry to be a better, more reliable, more profitable entity, but what the inspectorates are blind to is that little fact that paperwok cost money.

Statistics cost money to produce, and all of it can be manipulated to suit the cause its written for!

On one of our security sites, a sparky has installed a fire alarm and it has been signed off as being correct and compliant. If we had installed it under the nacoss gold banner it would have been a reinspection if we hadnt been struck off! The sound calculations obviously havent been done as there arent enough sounders and is not compliant with the disability discrimination act...

We didnt get the job by about 20k... the customer has the neccessary paperwork to say its compliant....

James

21312[/snapback]

Hi James

I missed this one sorry for the delay in reply.

Paperwork and satistics only cost money to if you dont know what to do with them.

The whole point of paperwork is to ensure that the job has been done correctly, the whole point of satistics is to notice when things are going wrong.

Do the job correctly the 1st time without having to go back saves you money and if you cant see that then your blind.

Satistics are all about preventing problems they show the big picture and again you must be very short sighted not to see the importance of them.

My quality manual saves me money and without NSI Im not sure that I would be in the same league I am in now .

I think you missed my point re Corgi you see only corgi registered installers are allowed to connect Gas as its dangerouse stuff.

The same should be for security installers, the point im trying to make is at the moment anyone can start up their own security co including ex-burglars.

This should not be allowed to happen, security equipment should be installed by proffesional qualified screened engineers only.

I agree that sparkys are also a pain when it comes to fire alarms we come accross it all the time, we wont take it over unless its right or the customer pays for us to put it right. Theres a manslaughter charge hanging over the customer and the person who installed it until it is right.

Pete :)

Sorted, dunno why my email didnt work..? I use it all the time..? Infact thats the one I recieved your Topsites application on..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

My ISP is Telewest, but havnt had any email problems for ages. And as you know the sites server hosts my email address for this site.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived