Security Installer Community

Acpo Approved Inspectorates.

Guest Guest

Rich

Couldn't agree with your comments more. As long as the I.A.I.N website loses it's anti-//.National Installer.// postings and works as it's intended and holds some weight with the inspectorates, it could prove very valuable to be a member.

If you don't know......ask.

before the //.National Installer.// engineers came in force on this site the anti //.National Installer.// on here was rife!!it just seems to be moving to another site..

he he he he's right Eng!

Rich, from reading the posts that started this topic, it seems trying to start an inspectorate to take over NSI and SSAIB would be incredibly difficult. I think the I.A.I.N site is intended, initially, to be a voice for the installer to make recommendations, etc to the existing bodies. If it's my vote and it gets acted upon, that's a good start, but you are right....we'll just have to wait and see

:)

If you don't know......ask.

eh!!!what do you mean like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle::whistle: but the anti //.National Installer.// stuff before wasn't banter it was liable...its not bad now as we have put straight a few lies about us..and i THINK there is a respect of sorts now,tho through gritted teeth..

eh!!!what do you mean like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle:  :whistle: but the anti //.National Installer.// stuff before wasn't banter it was liable...its not bad now as we have put straight a few lies about us..and i THINK there is a respect of sorts now,tho through gritted teeth..

22544[/snapback]

anyway its just i ilke argue its a northern thing aint it richl

anyway its just i ilke argue.gif its a northern thing aint it richl

Totally! I argue with all my mates. About anything and even if they're right Ill still argue with them.

And if someone doesnt argue back then they're not worth knowing!

22546[/snapback]

exactly :yes: did i mention the boro' cheated their way to a draw... :whistle:

Guest Adt Freedom

Back On Topic.

A trade body for installers is an excellent Idea, bit like JiB or the ECA for electricians.

You have to think about what help you get when you have a pay issue or an employment issue. Generally none as you have to go and get help yourself. So a trade body for installers is a good idea as they could help or even mediate in the event of a dispute.

The refferences to anti //.National Installer.// seem a little strong, I would have thought that members or even the public are entitled to an opinion or to ask for help. THis doesn't say they are anti //.National Installer.// it simply means they want an "opinion or help" nothing more. Yes //.National Installer.// are a big company, so if you do the maths they are bound to have more than a few disatisfied customers(you only have to look here to see that) But then you have to consider that there are thousands of "Happy" ones.

Eng made a point earlier in this to pic that "the nationals were being Excluded from being members" again this is not the case. Any professional installer/ company can join the I.A.I.N Network, providing they agree with the rules and meet the membership requirements.

The I.A.I.N Network clearly says that it is a network for installers run by installers, to simply sit on the sidelines and bitch about something doesn't achieve anything. The network will work with installers to further the industry, if dont get involved and make your points known nobody will hear you and you will not make any difference to the industry as a whole.

If installers work together to improve our industry, then there no telling what will happen.

//.National Installer.// may be the largest security company in the world but the world doesn't relvolve around //.National Installer.//. Like any new organisation it will take time for things to develope, and people to accept its existance, but rest assured with you or without you it will continue.

I for one will be supporting it as this industry needs direction out with the Insurance, Inspectorates and Police bodies.

Find out more here: I.A.I.N Intruder Alarm Installers Network

Hear Hear. Yes we all have are prefrences //.National Installer.//, CECOM, CHUBB they are all big nationals and I was told that the bigger you are the harder you fall and christ if one of these fell then the riples would be felt all over. ENG ime sure that if you were cut open then you would have //.National Installer.// all the way through you like a stick of rock :D And if I was your boss I would be proud of your dedication but you have to admit that they to do get it wrong some times like the rest of us. As for the IAIN network Im all for it why fight when we could be harmonised with help from this idea. We all know that Crime can be stopped tomorrow but unfortunatley its a blooming business to be in so as long as there are crimes then there will be a need for a good security installer. Theres more than enough work out there for all of us but some customers feel they are better off with a national then a smaller local. I have a an associate who deals with security matters day in day out and he and his clients would not go near the big names only ther local companey for the sole reason that they have had problems in the past. But then you get the other side where people would not be seen dead using any one els but! The moral of this storey is we are all in the same boat from national to local and the IAIN network could realey work for us and the customer :yes:

Archived