Security Installer Community

Acpo Approved Inspectorates.

Guest Guest

WHy do the big boys..........charge (now these are just a example) £1200.00 for a system that we can do for about £850 and make a nice profit on it. The big boys have in the first instance charged the for the panel and detectors if you work the equipment , fitting costs and the overtime in the local cafe out then you will see in fact that its all the equipment is the customers.

We take jobs of the big boys and when they contact the customer for the equipment back, we explain this and the customer then asks the big boys and the go and hide for tring to take back somehting the customer has paid for.

If the panel does not belong to the customer why are they charged for a replacement if its damaged by lightening ?

This really bugs me...............is watchdog still on the telly?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Some people do rent the eqipment under a rental and maintenance contract. These people do NOT own the equipment and the installing company are entitiled to remove it. The money they pay initially is for the installation labour and maintenance, not the equipment.

Unfortunately, a lot of customers are not made fully aware of this, although it will be in the documention they have signed. :(

If you don't know......ask.

WHy do the big boys..........charge (now these are just a example) £1200.00 for a system that we can do for about £850 and make a nice profit on it. The big boys have in the first instance charged the for the panel and detectors if you work the equipment , fitting costs and the overtime in the local cafe out then you will see in fact that its all the equipment is the customers.

We take jobs of the big boys and when they contact the customer for the equipment back, we explain this and the customer then asks the big boys and the go and hide for tring to take back somehting the customer has paid for.

If the panel does not belong to the customer why are they charged for a replacement if its damaged by lightening ?

22297[/snapback]

nova...who replaces a panel after a strike for free???no one.....the fact they are rented systems covers all faults for free,other than act of god etc..they are rented hence they belong to the said co'......i would check their contract before making such a statement...or its you that will be out of pocket..

22297[/snapback]

nova...who replaces a panel after a strike for free???no one.....the fact they are rented systems covers all faults for free,other than act of god etc..they are rented hence they belong to the said co'......i would check their contract before making such a statement...or its you that will be out of pocket..

22303[/snapback]

and if you can do it for £850....the big boys will have no work then...im afraid it doesn't work like that..some people prefer the nationals...if the cheapest always won the country would be run by cowboys....its all about backing up your promises... B)

so the nationals win hands down.............face it you cant match the systems in place.....//.National Installer.// are not the world leaders for nothing.....something somewhere it going right!!!so stop having a go...just be happy in our slipstream... :whistle:

i remember the days when it used to be service department always putting down install department. every eng has a choice who he wants to work for be it a national or a local. ive been in both and both have there pros and cons. the biggest company no names mentioned seem to get a slating everytime due to the fact that they have most customers. when i got taken over by them few years back the girl in the office who i knew cos i had worked for them previously for 6 years summed things up by saying if they had 200 complaints a week when it is worked out as a percentage it accounts to nothing which is true seeing just how many thousands of customers they have and as stated before u cant please everyone.

//.National Installer.// are not the world leaders for nothing

Eng, where does this come from? Is it a fact? They are national yes, global posibly, are there any other such organisations with which to compare? I dont think so. Big is not necessarily beautiful. My ex is a perfect example.

Macdonalds are everywhere but does that mean a big mac is quality eating?

22366[/snapback]

yes it is fact!!!possibly global???def' global....and no no one compares...they are the worlds no1 alarm co..have a look at the history..www.//.National Installer.//.com

Archived