Security Installer Community

Texecom Smoke Detectors - Pretty Awful

Lol @ who is angry.

Adrian is one of the nicest, polite person you could wish to meet.

I'm not angry, Oxo. Nor was my reply.

I daresay that Adrian is one of the nicest, most polite people you have met, or have wished to meet.

Clearly, however, that hasn't been my experience - particularly not with the invective I received in response to a genuine statement/concern based on what I read. I hardly think his response to me could be considered either of nice, or polite. Certainly it was public, for anyone to read, however.

It was a reply that has me considering whether or not to continue to use Texecom products, which we currently do in fair volume - across panels, bells, detection, and misc. products - to the tune of around 12 systems worth in a week across two businesses.

I also have to say that in almost thirty years in this industry, I have never been met with such a response from any supplier, whether I've been right, or whether I've been wrong. I don't, however, see anything at all wrong in what I wrote - and if my interpretation of his comments had been other than he intended, then that was as much as needed saying.

The sad thing, for me, is that I came back here with a view to trying to help those who might need some experienced advice in fire or security. Not to argue with the representative what up until now, had been one of my preferred product ranges.

So, by all means, judge my response angry if it pleases you to do so - for me, no, and for me - probably somewhere else to fit in, and a new product range to consider.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

Bill to be honest the tone of your second post was not in my opinion the best, it wound me up as soon as I read it, and not because I am angry but because it appears you have made assumptions about who I am, what I stand for, and the quality of my colleagues and our products, it appeared to me to be sarcastic, and having a go.

Clearly that was not your intention, so I apologise. I guess in today's world of instant responses and more text rather than actually talking with one another, it is too easy to misunderstand what has been said, and indeed the intention behind it, I understand you were supporting our product in the first post, like I say it was the second that to me did not read write.

People who know me will know that I am outspoken and opinionated sometimes, and I am particularly sensitive about the people I work with, and the products we sell, I f I have misinterpreted your intentions then i am sorry, but like I say, in the digital age that is all too easy.

So again, i apologise for my rant, I am sure if we had had this conversation face to face or over the phone you would understand my passion, and I would have understood your comments.

Perhaps we should have a chat on the phone, using that amount of our kit I am sure you have opinions about what we could do better, I am always interested in listening to peoples opinions and thoughts, it is in my opinion one of the great strengths of Texecom and it helps define who we are.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Bill to be honest the tone of your second post was not in my opinion the best, it wound me up as soon as I read it, and not because I am angry but because it appears you have made assumptions about who I am, what I stand for, and the quality of my colleagues and our products, it appeared to me to be sarcastic, and having a go.

Clearly that was not your intention, so I apologise.

Adrian, i think you will find with this responce you have justified your little outburst. You made your point and im sure a phone call to one of your customers will not be required. Bill will see your clearly passionate and defensive of your company. This IMO will only serve to increase your esteem within the industry and strengthen your existing customer base.

Customers!

re your cheap sensor and speed of detection, it probably isnt optical based.

Ionisation detectors are far quicker but also more likly to false alarm.

I use optical rf devices in my own home (if your trusing your life to them i wouldnt as the interconnects not the equipment will survive a fire that is not in the area of the detector (ie under floor etc)

But i have used the m12's and find they test fine on the smoke pole, have never compared against the texecom.

But you need to look at the technology in the units and make sure your combined sensors can do an either heat OR smoke. Optical look for actual smoke, ionisation look for invisible unburnt particles i beleive but have never used ionisation detectors for anything

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I'm not angry, Oxo. Nor was my reply.

I daresay that Adrian is one of the nicest, most polite people you have met, or have wished to meet.

Clearly, however, that hasn't been my experience - particularly not with the invective I received in response to a genuine statement/concern based on what I read. I hardly think his response to me could be considered either of nice, or polite. Certainly it was public, for anyone to read, however.

It was a reply that has me considering whether or not to continue to use Texecom products, which we currently do in fair volume - across panels, bells, detection, and misc. products - to the tune of around 12 systems worth in a week across two businesses.

I also have to say that in almost thirty years in this industry, I have never been met with such a response from any supplier, whether I've been right, or whether I've been wrong. I don't, however, see anything at all wrong in what I wrote - and if my interpretation of his comments had been other than he intended, then that was as much as needed saying.

The sad thing, for me, is that I came back here with a view to trying to help those who might need some experienced advice in fire or security. Not to argue with the representative what up until now, had been one of my preferred product ranges.

So, by all means, judge my response angry if it pleases you to do so - for me, no, and for me - probably somewhere else to fit in, and a new product range to consider.

I agree with Jeff on this one.

Clearly that was not your intention, so I apologise. I guess in today's world of instant responses and more text rather than actually talking with one another, it is too easy to misunderstand what has been said, and indeed the intention behind it, I understand you were supporting our product in the first post, like I say it was the second that to me did not read write.

People who know me will know that I am outspoken and opinionated sometimes, and I am particularly sensitive about the people I work with, and the products we sell, I f I have misinterpreted your intentions then i am sorry, but like I say, in the digital age that is all too easy.

So again, i apologise for my rant, I am sure if we had had this conversation face to face or over the phone you would understand my passion, and I would have understood your comments.

Perhaps we should have a chat on the phone, using that amount of our kit I am sure you have opinions about what we could do better, I am always interested in listening to peoples opinions and thoughts, it is in my opinion one of the great strengths of Texecom and it helps define who we are.

Adrian - thank you.

I've been trying to reply to this most of the day - and successfully been interrupted every time! So here goes attempt number 12 (I think).

Let me start by also apologising for any unintended impressions, or for you feeling I was judging you personally, which wasn't my intent either.

As for the tone of my post, consider, if you can, that it was the first post I had read from you, in a thread about one of your products, which I had spent time trying to support - to point out it was a good product (and why the OP's testing method wasn't ideal, or indeed reliable, for that type of detector). It therefore seemed to me, that "Texecom's" view of the problem was somewhat akin to "if you don't like it, don't use it",

That was something that I found to be at extreme odds with every contact I've had with Texecom to date. For the record, I've always found every aspect of the service to be exemplary, from getting a few bell housings printed, to panel labels, to the kit itself, to getting support often in difficult conditions, out in the field.

My intention, rather, was to highlight that, and to try to ask if what I was reading was in fact the official Texecom line - I mean, as a referrer of those products, it's commercial sense to know how Texecom will respond to potentially my customer base as well as your own. I was hoping for a response that indicated I had read it wrongly, and that rather it was not the de facto standard of response were we to be in difficulty with Texecom kit.... which I think it's safe to say was not what I got in terms of a response. I take share in the blame for that however, as I should perhaps have asked the question directly, and without an attempt at trying to lighten the tone with a mis-aimed reference to the V2.00 firmware - which I also hope I acknowledged was resolved exceptionally quickly, and professionally. In point of fact, Texecom told us there was an issue, not the other way around.

I too am sure we'll get to know each other better, and I will give you a ring at some point - as you say, had we spoken by phone in the first place, I'd have had a far better measure of you, and not just some words on a screen!

I'm happy we "shake hands" both have apologised for the wrong foot start, and can move forward with an understanding of each other :)

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

Bill,

thanks for the response, I appreciate it, I too am glad we shake hands on this and move on, give me a call anytime so we can have a chat, I would appreciate your views, and I am sure we will meet each other again in posts on here. I will PM you my mobile number.

Speak to you soon.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Archived