Security Installer Community

Advice On A 20M Plus Night Vision Range In A Poorly Lit Garden

mankman2012

Hi

I am have looked at this youtube video of this night vision bullet camera and it looks great thing for my job. But I just wanted to double check.

The camera will be placed to look at the back garden. There are no street lights at the back of the house and therefore very poorly lit. The garden is big and Ive tried other night vision cameras and the definition isnt good. Can anyone confirm it would be okay or not.

Thanks

You should be looking at a camera for about £200 or above to achieve a good picture.

If a camera states so many mtrs in darkness, half it an you may get a good picture.

Other than that a good day/night with separate ir.

!

I was about to say the same thing as above it looks a great picture indoors but there is plenty for those ir lights to reflect off, but in an outdoor environment there is is less to reflect the light. The camera is probably ok assuming that you dont need it to last for much more than a year and a torch type beam is enough.

In addition the most annoying thing with bullets is insect/spiders/bats etc love them; there attracted to the IR. Then the light amplify's the cobwebs.

Seperate Raytec or Bosch IR units for examples, are a lot better; for many reasons.

qfa

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived