Security Installer Community

None yet.

Hmm.. as a fixed dome camera would face one direction only, the rest of the Dome area do not need to be 'wiped'. I reckon a small customised wiper mounted on one side of the dome would do the job well. Some manufactures might have (or should have) come up with this someday..

What Security Solutions do you do?

We do video surveillance systems, access control and security systems with RFID & biometric (fingerpint & face recognition).

--------- CCTV Aetherica - Surveillance & Security Solutions ---------

But not all are fixed :D

Absolutely :).. there goes the speed dome ptz cameras :)

Gotten over the cold day issues yet for finger print recognition.

Last lost I used was German and not very good.

Yes, some fingerprint readers detect body heat (to prevent "dummy/fake" fingerprint).

In our case, there are 4 different options of sensor that user can choose, based on the technical circumstance (& cost) preference, ie.

Optical, Thermal, Capacitive, and Electric Field (EF). EF has been claimed to have better performance in various conditions. But we would advice to do some testing of the device with different sensors, so we will know which one is better suit to the specific condition & circumstance.

Some Asian biometric reader/terminal manufacturers (ie. Korean) have made some headlines. The price is quite competitive as well.

And then there are fingerprint readers/terminals from China which have been getting better in performance & durability, priced aggressively, and with OEM/white label option. Germany is one of the good ones as we are aware of. But then field-test would show which one that would be more suitable for the circumstance.

--------- CCTV Aetherica - Surveillance & Security Solutions ---------

• 2 years later...

If youre still after something to clean the dome plastics,

Give this a try, (Meguiars Plast R-X Plastic)

We have used it on a few dome plastics and it works a treat,

I keep a bottle in the van for servicing,

!! Remember !! Test a small area first, I aint gonna be responsible for fooked covers

You still using this mate?

Anyone know of a better product? 

How you using it? Spray water first? A very fine cloth to wipe? Only ask as we've just had a mare with external domes that were very slightly scratched whilst cleaning with a duster and when the ir's come on at night the reflect on the scratches.

Aren't dusters baaad mkayy? because they lint?

I guess best to use chamois or e-cloth?

Just ordered some of that expensive fluid meguirs stuff from Amazon :)

yuno.JPG

Domes were cleaned by the customer after being covered by cobwebs. The cobwebs also reflected the ir's making the cameras useless.

He's now saying what is this tat you cannot even wipe with a cloth.