Security Installer Community

Nsi Or Ssaib

J_G

I pay to be in an inspectorate therefore I use the inspections as an opportunity, from tapping him for who's doing what, whats new, what could we do better etc etc.

I cant see the point of paying their fees only to be obtuse.

URNs simple as. I agree with Pete but for some its just about URNs.

URNs simple as. I agree with Pete but for some its just about URNs.

Maybe this is where the problem lies.

As an example all our boys just took the CIS H&S test, what a joke! None prepaired for this they all just turnd up and past because everyone knows the scheme is a joke. We have to have these for CHAS and we need CHAS for one customer.

Their is no diffrence in my mind between what we did here and what others do for URNs No measure. No competance. No acheivement. Just a badge and a bit of paper that has no serious value to the informed.

Customers!

Maybe this is where the problem lies.

As an example all our boys just took the CIS H&S test, what a joke! None prepaired for this they all just turnd up and past because everyone knows the scheme is a joke. We have to have these for CHAS and we need CHAS for one customer.

Their is no diffrence in my mind between what we did here and what others do for URNs No measure. No competance. No acheivement. Just a badge and a bit of paper that has no serious value to the informed.

true, but don't forget that scheme is designed for every moron in the construction and service industry, I bet some fail.

We have constructionline and safecontractor, again a bit of a piss take.

true, but don't forget that scheme is designed for every moron in the construction and service industry, I bet some fail.

We have constructionline and safecontractor, again a bit of a piss take.

You on a half day?

Are you agreeing that the SSAIB is a scheme desighned for every moron in the intruder industry that just need a badge for the URN?

Are you compareing the two and suggesting its a bit of a piss take?

;)

Customers!

You on a half day?

Are you agreeing that the SSAIB is a scheme desighned for every moron in the intruder industry that just need a badge for the URN?

Are you compareing the two and suggesting its a bit of a piss take?

;)

haha I wish.

I would say things have been dumbed down from your day ;) Trying and complying almost seems optional.

Yes, you could also do pull the shame stunt with the NSI if you wanted too.....

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I would agree with you Jeff we have to have CSCS to work on every construction site down this way. Yet it hasnt stopped other contractors having fatal accidents on the construction sites we have worked recently. I think the point of these things is to prove that you're not employing complete and utter morons, and you cant get sued if your employee used the wrong type of ladder if you have trained him not to use the wrong type of ladder. I find decent RAMS and everyone on the job has read the RAMS and signed to say they have and will work to it covers most situations

• 3 weeks later...

Ive have been evaluating this topic for years. I conclude that the SSAIB route is the easy route and anyone can get approval.

The difference between the two is massive although the implications are small.

I concede that to opt for the NACOSS route today is masochistic, time consuming and expensive.

After 33 years as a NICEIC full scope contractor I will be dropping this dead in the water as worthless. I will also be looking for a cost saving by opting to subscribe to SSAIB, an organisation I am loathed to support

Customers!

they disliked our sole trader tax accounts, despite there concerns where still here.....

Stick the V's up to them, take it you wouldnt reapply in the future.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived