Security Installer Community

2 Way Wireless Devices

lily2012

1 way= devices give information to panel

2 way as above and panel gives information to devices, like tells them when its unset/set to save battery life, polls them every x minutes to see if they are still there, tells them when in walk test and enables leds, etc.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

1 way= devices give information to panel

2 way as above and panel gives information to devices, like tells them when its unset/set to save battery life, polls them every x minutes to see if they are still there, tells them when in walk test and enables leds, etc.

+1

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Guys, thanks for taking the time to reply. Especially for a newbie!

So apart from easier to install (walk test led's), some saving on battery life do they actually create a more secure alarm system?

Panel polling sensors was mentioned as a benefit but is this not the same as sensor sending signal (polling) to panel in normal one way devices?

Apologies for my lack on knowledge!

Interesting to see ref to Texecom Ricochet as I was looking to install this brand - how good is it? Alternatives are Honeywell Galaxy or GE Security/UTC/Aritech. Any advise on these suggestions.

cheers again!

Well both systems poll, but the 2 way systems definitely would not let you set if a device was missing. 1 way Poling would do the same but this would depend on the frequency (how many times a day) of the poling.

Battery life is likely to be more than three or four times the life of a 1 way unit this can make a significant difference to the ongoing costs when you consider the price of a lithium battery, average size system saving works out between £100/£300 over 2 years depending how much movement is detected whilst the system is unset

1 way is IMO poor

It assumes that the signal will get through. To help this it sends a burst of signals over a short period of time. It does not know if they did or didnt arrive at the panel.

2 way the device sends 1 signal and listens for an acknowledgement from the panel. If it doesnt get one it sends again etc etc.

Think recorded delivery vs std royal mail. Most of the time 1 way is OK but imo 'most of the time' isnt great for a security system.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived