Security Installer Community

Cctv Question

J_G

NCP 104 requires all recording equipment and power supplies to be tamper proof and in a secured cabinet. Secured data cabinet bolted to the floor with the power supply located inside would sufficiently secure the dvr and not invalidate any insurance claims. Would still hold recordings of the incident.

However most installs have the dvrs plonked somewhere convenient and plugged into the wall...

I suppose you could cover it with a table cloth and cut the carpet round it, are the cabinets large enough for a 42" plasma to sit on? B))

I reckon you'd be lucky to see 5% of dvrs in box or cab ?

You'd be lucky to see 5% of cctv systems installed to NCP 104.

I suppose you could cover it with a table cloth and cut the carpet round it, are the cabinets large enough for a 42" plasma to sit on? B))

Stick it next to the Sky + box. No one would know the difference.

we use wall mount dvr's on domestics and put them in psu boxes, and commercially we use a rack, but still doesnt solve the op point imo

OP is worried about thieves nicking his DVR. If its screwed into a locked rack bolted to the floor with a tamper proof PSU it's going to stay in there unless he is storing fort knox in the cupboard under the stairs.

heres one way of stopping the dvr getting trashed and nicked :-

http://i750.photobuc...41/Image636.jpg

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Seen that sort of thing a few times, bedroom backs onto the small bedroom/boxroom, so they mount the sky box etc through the stud wall with shelves on the rear side supporting them-jeez it looks p1ss poor!.

i gather they didnt make good round the edges then :D

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived