Security Installer Community

Advertising

patronltd

the prices we have given on our website are very basic camera's it was to attract the lower end customer.

I tried that and it didnt work at all for us. The thing is that "low end cctv" is now around £30 - have a look at maplins etc, they are price conditioning the most price sensitive buyers - the installation industry doesnt stand a chance in there so best not to waste time chasing the low end.

The majority of our CCTV jobs are commercial and require a sensible spec, and expect quality so there's a bit of elbow room.

The low end IAS for us is now the Enforcer as a 2X system - we no longer even mention wired systems to 2X enquirers unless they specifically ask for it, or its an upgrade on existing wiring.

Fitting wires is an art form which people are not prepared to pay for, IMO.

In fact I was thinking of having a Yellow pages ad this year just for wireless domestics.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

I tried that and it didnt work at all for us. The thing is that "low end cctv" is now around £30 - have a look at maplins etc, they are price conditioning the most price sensitive buyers - the installation industry doesnt stand a chance in there so best not to waste time chasing the low end.

The majority of our CCTV jobs are commercial and require a sensible spec, and expect quality so there's a bit of elbow room.

The low end IAS for us is now the Enforcer as a 2X system - we no longer even mention wired systems to 2X enquirers unless they specifically ask for it, or its an upgrade on existing wiring.

Fitting wires is an art form which people are not prepared to pay for, IMO.

In fact I was thinking of having a Yellow pages ad this year just for wireless domestics.

Absolutely

Hey Ho, Lets Go

indeed, the industry is on it's ar se.

Being the cheapest only attracts one thing, cheap customers. When I get a CCTV enquiry from a domestic I speak to them before I go, if they're expecting anything near the prices quoted above I wont be wasting my time or theirs, I don't see the point in selling **** that will only tell you what you already know ie "somebody is damaging your car" its a bit like buying watered down petrol, it will give you the appearance of a full tank but you wont be able to go anywhere using it.

I would lay money that even though the co selling at those prices are no more busy than I, the difference is I have 7 busy engineers and they're all earning money rather than busy keeping my head above water

like buying watered down petrol,

Good analogy, I like it. Keep up the good work.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Archived