Security Installer Community

Advice On Buying A Cctv Security System Due To Numerous Thefts

James the tone has being the same from the start, he has got good advice but refises to acknowledge any of it, he has not thanked posters but instead has done his best to insult them.

You know I am the last one to take this stance but this idiot is not going to take anything we say on board and only pick at things that do not equate to his own preconcepted opinion. He is beyond our help, our degrees cannot help this one so let him go, cannot win them all :-)

Not worth our time imho

i agree but you know me ill give anyone a chance. Lets draw a line and see how it goes from here. You are one of the most knowledgeable cctv person on here. As you know i listen to your advice.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Shows how much you know about salvage cars, we sell ours all for near retail price, as always buy the right car (one's in demand or rare) with low mileage, the decent stuff is autoligned so can get finance

HPI should now show an inspection marker,

600quid to change a light bulb on some models LOL

sounds like optional xenons & bumper off on a golf,

Regardless wether your CCTV is a fleabay lash up, a installers cheap job or high end ip cams, while your storing stock outside your most likley to get images of a guy in hoodie....

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

hence why took pic's of the building, as numerous ppl stated they cant give any sort of idea without pic's of a "survery"

Just gone back and found the picture I must of missed them I was about to tell you what I think you need then I read the next post about the quote for £1,300 and thought well you cant afford what you need LOL!

£1300 is too cheap I would not buy the kit I would use for that

What ever figure I would come to for pricing this job I would whack another grand on the quote for the amount of paracetamol I would need.

I know what this client wants, Just confirmation of what twocer it is so someone gets an envelope down the pub and the matter is dealt with in a happy manner. Unfortunatley we as industry professionals try and stick to the guide lines we work to and you can quote standards and good practice all you like. You'll still get hit with the question of "Well why not? Why can't it do this?" Stick to what customers know and in this day and age it's tellys. You can have a nice 3d LED HD telly, but if it's connected to a betamax that's all the quality you're going to get chap.

Quick question to the OP if he comes back. What's the total value (roughly) of the kit that's been nicked from you. Add the cost of your time at what ever rate you would normally pay yourself in a given hour x the number of hours you've put into this forum/ebay/phoning companies and then add a 20% margin to that figure and post it.

cream. As pete and i have said you cant get the recognition level you need from a single camera coving that size of area.

well im planning to buy more, 6 for outside

i agree but you know me ill give anyone a chance. Lets draw a line and see how it goes from here. You are one of the most knowledgeable cctv person on here. As you know i listen to your advice.

James

im a listener as well

Just gone back and found the picture I must of missed them I was about to tell you what I think you need then I read the next post about the quote for £1,300 and thought well you cant afford what you need LOL!

£1300 is too cheap I would not buy the kit I would use for that

i can afford 10x the it you could supply, just because someone doesnt want to spend XXXXX amount on something doesnt mean they cant afford it

What ever figure I would come to for pricing this job I would whack another grand on the quote for the amount of paracetamol I would need.

I know what this client wants, Just confirmation of what twocer it is so someone gets an envelope down the pub and the matter is dealt with in a happy manner. Unfortunatley we as industry professionals try and stick to the guide lines we work to and you can quote standards and good practice all you like. You'll still get hit with the question of "Well why not? Why can't it do this?" Stick to what customers know and in this day and age it's tellys. You can have a nice 3d LED HD telly, but if it's connected to a betamax that's all the quality you're going to get chap.

Quick question to the OP if he comes back. What's the total value (roughly) of the kit that's been nicked from you. Add the cost of your time at what ever rate you would normally pay yourself in a given hour x the number of hours you've put into this forum/ebay/phoning companies and then add a 20% margin to that figure and post it.

Im back mr, post it were?

Archived