Security Installer Community

Advice On Buying A Cctv Security System Due To Numerous Thefts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James the tone has being the same from the start, he has got good advice but refises to acknowledge any of it, he has not thanked posters but instead has done his best to insult them.

You know I am the last one to take this stance but this idiot is not going to take anything we say on board and only pick at things that do not equate to his own preconcepted opinion. He is beyond our help, our degrees cannot help this one so let him go, cannot win them all :-)

Not worth our time imho

i agree but you know me ill give anyone a chance. Lets draw a line and see how it goes from here. You are one of the most knowledgeable cctv person on here. As you know i listen to your advice.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Shows how much you know about salvage cars, we sell ours all for near retail price, as always buy the right car (one's in demand or rare) with low mileage, the decent stuff is autoligned so can get finance

HPI should now show an inspection marker,

600quid to change a light bulb on some models LOL

sounds like optional xenons & bumper off on a golf,

Regardless wether your CCTV is a fleabay lash up, a installers cheap job or high end ip cams, while your storing stock outside your most likley to get images of a guy in hoodie....

Mr? Veritas God

hence why took pic's of the building, as numerous ppl stated they cant give any sort of idea without pic's of a "survery"

Just gone back and found the picture I must of missed them I was about to tell you what I think you need then I read the next post about the quote for £1,300 and thought well you cant afford what you need LOL!

£1300 is too cheap I would not buy the kit I would use for that

What ever figure I would come to for pricing this job I would whack another grand on the quote for the amount of paracetamol I would need.

I know what this client wants, Just confirmation of what twocer it is so someone gets an envelope down the pub and the matter is dealt with in a happy manner. Unfortunatley we as industry professionals try and stick to the guide lines we work to and you can quote standards and good practice all you like. You'll still get hit with the question of "Well why not? Why can't it do this?" Stick to what customers know and in this day and age it's tellys. You can have a nice 3d LED HD telly, but if it's connected to a betamax that's all the quality you're going to get chap.

Quick question to the OP if he comes back. What's the total value (roughly) of the kit that's been nicked from you. Add the cost of your time at what ever rate you would normally pay yourself in a given hour x the number of hours you've put into this forum/ebay/phoning companies and then add a 20% margin to that figure and post it.

cream. As pete and i have said you cant get the recognition level you need from a single camera coving that size of area.

well im planning to buy more, 6 for outside

i agree but you know me ill give anyone a chance. Lets draw a line and see how it goes from here. You are one of the most knowledgeable cctv person on here. As you know i listen to your advice.

James

im a listener as well

Just gone back and found the picture I must of missed them I was about to tell you what I think you need then I read the next post about the quote for £1,300 and thought well you cant afford what you need LOL!

£1300 is too cheap I would not buy the kit I would use for that

i can afford 10x the it you could supply, just because someone doesnt want to spend XXXXX amount on something doesnt mean they cant afford it

What ever figure I would come to for pricing this job I would whack another grand on the quote for the amount of paracetamol I would need.

I know what this client wants, Just confirmation of what twocer it is so someone gets an envelope down the pub and the matter is dealt with in a happy manner. Unfortunatley we as industry professionals try and stick to the guide lines we work to and you can quote standards and good practice all you like. You'll still get hit with the question of "Well why not? Why can't it do this?" Stick to what customers know and in this day and age it's tellys. You can have a nice 3d LED HD telly, but if it's connected to a betamax that's all the quality you're going to get chap.

Quick question to the OP if he comes back. What's the total value (roughly) of the kit that's been nicked from you. Add the cost of your time at what ever rate you would normally pay yourself in a given hour x the number of hours you've put into this forum/ebay/phoning companies and then add a 20% margin to that figure and post it.

Im back mr, post it were?

Just tried looking at your images but it says they are gone. Rather than link to photobucket just upload them here.

But as a ball part due to the spec you have started. Id be recommending iqeye sentinel 5MP cameras as this will give you the recognition level you need. Id also want to check the available night time lighting. Recording options would depend on a few things but If we were doing it we would use our own Hybrid NVR to record these. But you will need a decent amount of storage so id go for 8 Tb.

These cams will give you 2560 x 1920 recorded pixels. A standard analogue camera can give at most 704x576 recorded pixels.

post-6868-0-73581400-1313920201_thumb.jp

post-6868-0-90585900-1313920357_thumb.jp

hello, how do you upload the pictures on here? deleted from photbucket account by mistake

thankyou

hello, how do you upload the pictures on here? deleted from photbucket account by mistake

the night time light is a orange light, its good as if someone was standing other end of building you can see them

thankyou

i'ii have to take some new pictures today of the front, must of got deleted off laptop

here is pictures of the side, the most important part where vehicles are stored

thanks

Just tried looking at your images but it says they are gone. Rather than link to photobucket just upload them here.

But as a ball part due to the spec you have started. Id be recommending iqeye sentinel 5MP cameras as this will give you the recognition level you need. Id also want to check the available night time lighting. Recording options would depend on a few things but If we were doing it we would use our own Hybrid NVR to record these. But you will need a decent amount of storage so id go for 8 Tb.

These cams will give you 2560 x 1920 recorded pixels. A standard analogue camera can give at most 704x576 recorded pixels.

post-6868-0-73581400-1313920201_thumb.jp

post-6868-0-90585900-1313920357_thumb.jp

that article is handy

post-35575-0-80563000-1313920685_thumb.j

post-35575-0-93207000-1313920686_thumb.j

post-35575-0-31355000-1313920688_thumb.j

ok got the images thanks.

Can you do a scale floorplan of the building. Then ill mark it up with a rough idea. It wont be perfect as im assuming a lot from the photos etc. It is better to actually see it but you will get an idea.

i can afford 10x the it you could supply, just because someone doesnt want to spend XXXXX amount on something doesnt mean they cant afford it

You're reply doesnt make sense? first you say you cant afford it, then you say you dont want to spend xxxxx on something doesnt mean they cant afford it?

I was thinking closer to twice the £1,300 rather than 10x that would give you a chance 600tvl analogue cameras with settings such as BLC, the correct lense required for the view needed, and decent infra red lighing. But 600TVL will still only give you a similar picture as James's 66pixel per square meter dependant on the lense.

The fact that you assume someone quoting £1,300 is a joker, makes me think you havent a clue, if you think you can do it on a shoe string with ebay cameras then you are sadly mistaken, you may as well post your money down the drain, if you want to achieve something from the CCTV then you need to re-evaluate your budget.

Im sure you dont mean to but you come across like a know it all kid, who asks for advice and then says Im gonna do it all my way anyway, when my son acts like that I just let him get on with it learning by mistakes is the best way (In your case expensive though)

Im back mr, post it were?

Just on here bud. Basically what I was getting at is the amount of money you've already lost due to these guys nicking your stuff and the time you've wasted you would have been easier just spending whatever quote you got from your local company. If they were any good you would have had a system installed by now and your yard would have been that bit safer. But whatever price you get and whatever solution you go for just remember that costs are relative. If you pay £2000 for a system and it lasts for 5 years without any problems that only works out at £30/month. I spend more at the pub on a friday!

You'll get alot of specs and big words thrown at you but the jist of it is unless the persons face takes up all of the screen on a cctv image then the police will probably not use it as sole evidence to convict these guys. It's just not good enough and it won't be achieved by the cameras and locations you've already picked out. But in terms of saying that it was the local junkie then yeah it would probably do the job and it's probably all that you're after.

These guys (and myself) will try and sell you the most appropriate kit and do the job how we have been trained to do but it will cost money. If you want to go the cheap route then all I can say is buy the kit from where ever you want and try and get an engineer to do it as a homer.

• 1 month later...

Against my better judgement I'll recommend some very budget kit I've used for domestic homers for friends on a tight budget, this stuff has a surprisingly good picture quality for the price of it and no failures yet but I wouldn't try to punt it as professional equipment, I doubt you'll get a professional to fit it though unless its a homer from a mate. The avtech dvr has a cracking web interface and a decent app for the smartphones:

The black camera the leds are too well focused and give a hotspot in the centre of the image, I made a diffuser from car window tint film and it gives a decent picture.

Now any chance of a decent discount on a good n/s headlight for a 53 plate x-trail sport ;-)

Archived