Security Installer Community

Adt Or Independent Installer ?

independants for me as well,

ask them for an external sounder.

as for bell box, the independant will have their name on it, shouldnt be a blank box.

adt do bells only so its not as if it guaranted to be monitored

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Thanks adi.

Having just read the the reviews on ADT in this URL http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews130102.html

I'm really starting to question ADT.

Thanks all.

Take the reviews with a pinch of salt, ADT have more customers than all the indies on here put together, bit like saying you wont buy a Vauxhall Astra because there is a site with 200 people who are unhappy, in the scheme of things it's negligible. Some good advice above so get some more quotations from registered companies and then if you still want to deal with ADT speak to the surveyor, they will beat any like for like quote.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Take the reviews with a pinch of salt, ADT have more customers than all the indies on here put together, bit like saying you wont buy a Vauxhall Astra because there is a site with 200 people who are unhappy, in the scheme of things it's negligible. Some good advice above so get some more quotations from registered companies and then if you still want to deal with ADT speak to the surveyor, they will beat any like for like quote.

lol, i wouldn't use anyone who is happy to o the job for more or less half the first quote, must of been stinging me first time around if they can drop that much.

lol, i wouldn't use anyone who is happy to o the job for more or less half the first quote, must of been stinging me first time around if they can drop that much.

Amazing how many Companies fall for it on the big jobs though.

Steve its hard to take you seriously when you have that picture as your Avatar. I can also never understand why companies say they will beat any quote like for like, why don't they give their best price in the first place? Its not a criticism just an observation

not always the case, don't forget those idiots that use audio verification and just dial 999.

You quite correct I forgot about those numpties

Steve its hard to take you seriously when you have that picture as your Avatar.

sorry

I can also never understand why companies say they will beat any quote like for like, why don't they give their best price in the first place?

Common practice in order to minimise lost orders based on initial selling price. Surely even you have altered a cost once quoted?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

sorry

Thats much better

Common practice in order to minimise lost orders based on initial selling price. Surely even you have altered a cost once quoted?

I have and then regretted it later so I dont now, I find trying to be the cheapest attracts the wrong sort of customers, customers looking for the cheapest deal will usually argue over every invoice so end up costing even more in time and energy.

I try to provide the best value for money using quality equipment and trained engineers rather than try to undercut the cheapest quote

Archived