Security Installer Community

New Installs

To the guys that have accreditation in some way or form be it NSI/SSAIB, are ALL your new installs graded, does it depend on the risk assessment of the property etc, or is it a inspectorate requirement? Must hold my hands up and say i'm not sure about this side of things :unsure: All of ours are, but then with this you do lose the smaller end of the market. Thinking back to when I started, we used to fit loads of basic 4737 scannies/accenta's for bells only jobs, 3-4 a week, and thats before any 'proper' connections.

I'd say as many registered install ungraded panels, answer is according to RA. a mobile holiday let for instance would perhaps not need a graded system above G1

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

anything 'new' has to be graded. It can be G1 so not really an issue. You can only do 4737 when upgrading. But there comes a time that the upgrade is so massive its a new install.

It only really becomes an issue on 8-12 yr old stuff where the sensors are probably ok. But unless they have a grade they have to come out.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

It only really becomes an issue on 8-12 yr old stuff where the sensors are probably ok. But unless they have a grade they have to come out.

I don't agree. We upgraded controls on a large site but the detectors were installed 6 months before grading and are identical to graded versions, i wouldn't replace for the sake of it.

well

If they dont have a cert of conformity i think your wrong. But most sensors (g2) that were of that ilk actually complied to the later reg. In this case you can get a cert of conformity for that sensor and as they are graded you can use them. If not then you cant.

I accept it can be seen as mad but if 4737 was the std that many on here think it was then they should at least meet g1 surely.....

well

If they dont have a cert of conformity i think your wrong. But most sensors (g2) that were of that ilk actually complied to the later reg. In this case you can get a cert of conformity for that sensor and as they are graded you can use them. If not then you cant.

I accept it can be seen as mad but if 4737 was the std that many on here think it was then they should at least meet g1 surely.....

we alaways install to g2 even if its mrs miggins bungalow!

yes but if its g1 risk then there is no need to, but being better is not bad its just not needed.

However if you were doing a takeover and the sensors were not graded then i have a simple rule. If its got an existing cert on it then i will take it under that cert, i can assume that it has an nsi gold cert if its installed by an nsi gold firm and i can take it and carry on with the cert. So if 4737 then i dont need to chnage anything. However we would change the control (unless it was a galaxy or castle) and then we need to make sure it complies with 4737 and not en50131. This causes a problem but like aaron we have a fair stock of 4737 galaxys.

we alaways install to g2 even if its mrs miggins bungalow!

See thats what we always do, everything is always at least G2.

I understand that if its a 4737 you can change like for like, but if it loses police response for instance, then its change to G2 for example.

So whats a G1 panel? Accenta's afaik are not graded in any way?

See thats what we always do, everything is always at least G2.

I understand that if its a 4737 you can change like for like, but if it loses police response for instance, then its change to G2 for example.

So whats a G1 panel? Accenta's afaik are not graded in any way?

Veritas on board rkp. is G1 AFAIK.

James, I am talking about a site with an existing 4737 cert.

I don't have any Galaxy panels these days, and the ones i had were graded.

Archived