Security Installer Community

New Installs

Christ them Veritas are nasty, can imagine a customers face after sticking one of them in their hall

just wonder, well know that we must lose the lower end of the market as we only price for G2 equipment.

accenta are not graded, but do meet 4737.

Id does make me smile how people say that en is a backwards step but also critique the accenta. Grading stopped approved co's from using that panel.

anyway there is no need to upgrade to en on loss of response. Force policy allows upgrade to dd243:2004. Most decent 4737 panels met that req or could be flashed to.

The police want dd243/bs8243 not that interested in 50131. 50131 does not help with false alarms, dd243 does. Have a look at the application form.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Veritas on board rkp. is G1 AFAIK.

James, I am talking about a site with an existing 4737 cert.

I don't have any Galaxy panels these days, and the ones i had were graded.

they dont make the veritas with on board keypad anymore do they?

accenta are not graded, but do meet 4737.

Id does make me smile how people say that en is a backwards step but also critique the accenta. Grading stopped approved co's from using that panel.

anyway there is no need to upgrade to en on loss of response. Force policy allows upgrade to dd243:2004. Most decent 4737 panels met that req or could be flashed to.

The police want dd243/bs8243 not that interested in 50131. 50131 does not help with false alarms, dd243 does. Have a look at the application form.

More work goes into extra detection then anything else on those older sites.

but is there much difference in price?

Not about that, the cheapo firms use them to save time on labour etc.

We use about 5-10 optima compacts a year for 4737 panel swaps for service customers, most upgrade to CP8L or better but the old bids like to keep the same. It was a pain for us when they binned the large panel, used to get away with swapping the old PCB and cover, 15 min job.

.....but as we are NSI gold, we cant fit a Accenta on a new install? Only reason I ask is I was on a large site with some of the fire lads last year, and a National was fitting G4 Optimas in some outside storage units. Main site had a graded Pyronix of some description, just surprised me how they could fit them?

Archived