Security Installer Community

Alarm On Entry

jw390898

Galaxy G-20 is kak imo. I much prefer the i-on panel for wireless. Fitted a G2-20 today with radio pirs that do not show open in display zones or walk test. The only way to find out if they work is to set the panel and activate the pir's!! Galaxy's belong in a museum. A most frustrating day :angry:

rant over.

Forgot to add. Be careful if you knock out the rectangle knouckout at the top of the panel as it can touch the pcb and damage it resulting in a trip back to the office for a replacement. argue

lol, i might steal that as my sig :lol:

pay me.

:gimme:

Galaxy G-20 is kak imo. I much prefer the i-on panel for wireless. Fitted a G2-20 today with radio pirs that do not show open in display zones or walk test. The only way to find out if they work is to set the panel and activate the pir's!! Galaxy's belong in a museum. A most frustrating day :angry:

rant over.

Walk test?? Logs in the memory that its picked up, why do you need to see if the PIR is open?

I like that you can grab a signal strength off the display by pressing the # for each zone.

I think they are ok if wanting decent Radio on a budget. We've got a few, never give any issues. Got a few of the bundles they do, bargain!

definetly a contact problem

You either need to fix the contact or program the hallway as final and ensure its not on final door set. I assume this is an audible only system?

Hi - yes audible only.

So make the door contacts 00=NotActive and then the Hallway PIR to 1=Final?

you would be better fixing/replacing the door contact.

Yes thats right but I agree with Norman

Agreed. I have a mate who is an installer and who installed this but is away in New Zealand currently so I have not wanted to bother him and wanted a work around in the mean time.

Thanks for your help guys and everyone else who posted. I will have a go on saturday disabling the door and making the hall pir final till he gets back.

Archived