Security Installer Community

Alarm On Entry

jw390898

Looking for some help.

System all of a sudden started tripping on entry.

The entry exit route consists of a front door contact and hallway PIR.

Galaxy G-20 Panel in use.

The front door is programmed as Final and the hallway as Exit.

What I am now finding is when entering through the door there is no tone indicating the panel requires unsetting and it alarms on both the door contacts and hall PIR zones.

I initially thought the door contacts might have become faulty so made the front door innactive - but the hall PIR still trips.

Any ideas anyone?

"final" is zone starts entry, "exit" is walkthough zone.

walktest the door contacts

Suggest the door contact has 'stuck', give it a tap, if it then works, replace it, better to be safe than sorry.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

If a walkthrough zone ie hallway pir is activated prior to a final entry/exit door the system will go into full alarm-it assumes that someone has gained entry via another route.

Doesn't matter if you program door off only-pir is still exit/walkthrough.

As above posts-check door contact.

Is the Door contact RF? (DO800M)

Seen problems before where the panel receives the RF signal after the detector on entry route

Also if the DO800M has taken a bang the reed could have been expose to air & corroded its self shut.

Broken reed for sure imo

Is the Door contact RF? (DO800M)

Seen problems before where the panel receives the RF signal after the detector on entry route

Also if the DO800M has taken a bang the reed could have been expose to air & corroded its self shut.

Thats what auto reset is for ;)

Galaxy G-20 is kak imo. I much prefer the i-on panel for wireless. Fitted a G2-20 today with radio pirs that do not show open in display zones or walk test. The only way to find out if they work is to set the panel and activate the pir's!! Galaxy's belong in a museum. A most frustrating day :angry:

rant over.

i rate galaxy classics, the g3 was a huge step backwards, the dimension a little step forwards. But still nowhere near a classic. The G2 is well behind the G3 imho.

BUT the domonial wireless system is spot on (not the domonial panel) but the G2 panel is what ruins it. The technology of domonial wireless is sound imo, however the implementation isnt.

If the classic was still compliant we wouldnt of left galaxy as our panel of choice.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived