Security Installer Community

Two Control Pad Problem

Guest Chris

I think thats what confused everyone but if you read his posts and think about the logic of the question (why would he have two control panels? He would know what the problem was if they were both control panels would he not? And to the laymen a key pad is a control panel) he means two rkps trust me.

I have seen 2 optimas on one site many a time round here :lol:

I know what you mean, lots of our customer call the keypad 'the panel', i just read it as he knew the difference. Not arsed tbh ;)

I have seen 2 optimas on one site many a time round here :lol:

I know what you mean, lots of our customer call the keypad 'the panel', i just read it as he knew the difference. Not arsed tbh ;)

A lot of BT engineers call keypads control panels too, Ive lost count how many times I turned up on site to commission a RedCare only to find the block terminal sitting next to the keypad, yet the paper work clearly states by control panel

A lot of BT engineers call keypads control panels too, Ive lost count how many times I turned up on site to commission a RedCare only to find the block terminal sitting next to the keypad, yet the paper work clearly states by control panel

We mark the wall and also tell customer or site manager, BT never do anything right.

Normally the "control panel" is conveniently adjacent a DP or another NTE5.

Peter you nay be right, i din't so don't use it.

but if exit 2 is faulty with fast bleep won't it also show even on exit 1 as faulty?

On exit a detector prog as 12 hour will signal s fault if activated, but once cleared before the exit timer expires it arms not 'sticks'.

Why I think proogged for set on exit with no timer, exit 2 door reef is stuck closed or looped out.

O/p in later oodt also mentions two 'wings' so might well be 2 systems on one building.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

That thread could be the final door contact is faulty and it is programmed for final door set but with no timer.

Shows the weakness of such an option being used, as the alarm will never set so not protect anything. but also might just be your problem.

Try a walk test to see what indicates - or don't.

Arfur

I missed this post must of been in Arfur autopilot ignore I did see the earlier tamper post which had to be wrong, yes this also could be the answer but only zone 1 can be progged as FE on the compact so if it ever did work properly (and I assume it did) both doors would be on zone 1, zone 2 defaults as E/E zone 3 is 12 but programmable as E/E the rest are all 12hr

Ive given you a reputation point but please dont let it go to your head I was trying to click the multiquote button so it was a mistake, Im off to find something in the admin tools to remove it now LOL.

Peter you nay be right, i din't so don't use it.

but if exit 2 is faulty with fast bleep won't it also show even on exit 1 as faulty?

On exit a detector prog as 12 hour will signal s fault if activated, but once cleared before the exit timer expires it arms not 'sticks'.

Why I think proogged for set on exit with no timer, exit 2 door reef is stuck closed or looped out.

O/p in later oodt also mentions two 'wings' so might well be 2 systems on one building.

Arfur

Please remove your gloves before typing it makes the thread hard to read

Blimey, yet another 1st timer who falls terminally ill after a couple of posts.

The attrition rate is terrible, they're dropping like flies...

I noticed that - how do they leave the forum other than asking admin to delete thier account??

they are guests. They can post without joining if they jump through a few hoops to prove they are people not bots.

Unfortunatly it looks the same as a deleted account but only becuase the board sw assumes its a guest as it cant tie the post to a member

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived